Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Immigration time at Haneda 2023/5/11 02:49
Hi

Has anyone landed at Terminal 3, Haneda airport recently. We will land around 10PM tomorrow and wanted to know how long it is expected to take between immigration/baggage pick up. Have heard variable stories on immigration lines, so will be useful to know from recent experience of anyone who has travelled.

Thanks,

Sudhir
by SudhirP  

Re: Immigration time at Haneda 2023/5/11 10:21
I went through haneda a little over a month ago and it literally took around 15-20 minutes to get through immigration. It was super fast and convenient. You should have no issue since haneda isn't as busy as Narita.
by Tom (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Immigration time at Haneda 2023/5/11 14:45
Thanks!
by SudhirP rate this post as useful

Re: Immigration time at Haneda 2023/5/11 17:00
Yesterday it took me less than an hour, I arrived at 12.30
by haens (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Immigration time at Haneda 2023/5/11 18:20
I meant 12.30 pm ofc :)
by haens (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Immigration time at Haneda 2023/5/11 19:07
Thanks, that a relief. Hopefully, will be less crowded in the night :)
by SudhirP rate this post as useful

Re: Immigration time at Haneda 2023/5/12 07:00
Two weeks ago, it took me 10 minutes (landed around 3:30pm) with the "visit Japan" QR codes ready.

I gave up on exchanging my JR pass voucher though, there was an incredibly huge crowd at the counter.
by Mellye rate this post as useful

Re: Immigration time at Haneda 2023/5/12 10:50
I just wanted to add that it may obviously depend on what time of day you arrive, how many flights arrive at the same time as yours and also if you're just a tourist or if you're living in Japan. Sometimes the tourist lines can be a bit longer and if it's in the middle of the day, you may end up waiting a little longer, but from what I personally saw, you shouldn't wait more than 1 hour maximum.

Japan is quite efficient with managing lines, but just be prepared regardless.

(Personally, I was never asked to register any kind of app, so I'm not sure if people really need that or not now.)
by Tom (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Immigration time at Haneda 2024/1/4 12:08
Going through immigration at Haneda as a tourist (landing in terminal 3), has anyone recently arrived at 1am in the morning in early December 2023 ? If so how long did it take to clear immigration and collect the luggage? Read somewhere we could take a limousine airport bus out, but latest departure timing at 2.20am. Not sure if able to catch the bus in time otherwise its "overnight" stay at the airport till 5am.
by Pokey (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Immigration time at Haneda 2024/1/4 12:38
I had family come and visit during November. 09:00am arrival at Haneda Terminal 3 and they were through immigration and customs in 5 minutes! It did help that they had the QR codes from the Visit Japan webpage.

I was honestly rather surprised at how quickly they were through. Because within 20 minutes of the plane landing, I was greeting them at arrivals.

I can't say that you'll experience the same level of quickness of getting through. But it has improved a lot and having the QR codes really does help.
by Kari Haruka rate this post as useful

Re: Immigration time at Haneda 2024/1/4 17:47
Perhaps unlikely, but the crash incident could potentially skew things a bit? My wife had a torturous experience today flying from Chubu to Haneda, on multiple fronts. No ones fault , simply a product of flight backlogs etc. this included a very slow luggage delivery
by Matt P (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread