Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Kyu Shiba Rikyu Garden Visit query 2023/5/23 16:35

Hi, I have a query regarding my travel in Tokyo, Japan. I am visiting Tokyo in layover and have limited time around. I am very keen to visit Kyu Shiba Rikyu Garden but online it’s timing is 9am-5pm. Unfortunately, according to my itinerary I can only get time in early morning between 5am-6am. Is it possible to visit any part of the garden at this time? Or they strictly adhere to timings? Since, there website is in Japanese I couldn’t reach out to the park officials. Thank you
by Ren (guest)  

Re: Kyu Shiba Rikyu Garden Visit query 2023/5/24 12:10
You can go this park from JR hamamatsucho station Tokyo kaigan minatoku or daimon sta
by Noa (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kyu Shiba Rikyu Garden Visit query 2023/5/24 13:01
Outside of the opening hours the garden is closed. Note that the Kyu Shiba Rikyu garden is relatively small the Hamarikyu Garden closeby is much larger. But also closed at those early morning hours.

Gardens that would be open are the Yoyogi park. Hibiya park… and a lot of other parks.
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

Re: Kyu Shiba Rikyu Garden Visit query 2023/5/25 13:19
Closed is closed. There are public parks, but that's probably not what you are looking for. Another option is the Todoroki Ravine Park, which is always open and may be a bit more to your liking, and actually, not too far away. There's the Kansenen Japanese Garden, open at 7 AM, near Waseda. About the only thing I can think of that is open anywhere near that time is the Hotel New Otani Japanese Garden, which opens at 6 AM. I've walked through it and it is quite beautiful.
But open at 5 AM? I'm afraid nothing notable comes to mind.
Kyu-Shiba Rikyu is very nice though, if you have the time.
https://youtu.be/VRNs0S50cso
by Ken (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread