Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Will a hotel hold my luggage for a week 2023/5/31 07:20
I am planning to go to Tokyo and Kyushu.
However I donft want to bring any checked luggage with me to Kyushu but only hand carried.
My plan is staying in Tokyo for 4 days then go to Kyushu for 8 days and then back to Tokyo for 5 days.
Will the hotel keep my checked bags when I am traveling to Kyushu?
by LBF  

Re: Will a hotel hold my luggage for a week 2023/5/31 07:56
Depends on the hotel - some will, but not all. If you are returning to the same place and it is a reasonable standard, chances are better. Check with the hotel.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Will a hotel hold my luggage for a week 2023/5/31 12:12
Most hotels receive your luggage when you send it to the hotel, say, for one night or two. Recently I stayed at Mimaru Osaka Namba North

https://mimaruhotels.com/jp/hotel/namba-north/

which is an apartment hotel in Osaka. I saw a sign that they will keep luggage for 500 yen/one piece/one night. This is my first time to see this kind of announcement. I thought they will keep for free or just reject.

As JapanCustomTour mentioned your hotel may keep your luggage or they just refuse. In the latter case you can send your luggage via TaQbin (maybe 1500-2000 yen per piece) to your hotel or even your first hotel, specifying the delivery date.

https://faq-en.kuronekoyamato.co.jp/app/answers/detail/a_id/5394/~/whe...
by frog1954 rate this post as useful

Re: Will a hotel hold my luggage for a week 2023/6/1 04:53
I am going to stay in the same hotel while I am in Tokyo but I will move to different hotels in Kyushu. Thatfs why I am going to bring my checked bags as more or less those are just for souvenirs purchasing in Japan
by LBF rate this post as useful

Re: Will a hotel hold my luggage for a week 2023/6/5 20:53
I have done this (leave luggage for a week at a hotel I'm returning to for another stay) several times and never had an issue.
by kurisu81 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread