Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Regarding 16 hours at the airport 2023/5/31 19:32
Hi, While going to Vancouver -Canada from New Delhi India I have 16 hrs stopover at Haneda Tokyo in August 2nd week. Please guide me about what I can do while spending my 16 hours at the airport. The flight lands around 5 AM and departs around 9 PM from Tokyo.
by Anshu (guest)  

Re: Regarding 16 hours at the airport 2023/6/1 13:18
If you hold a passport that allows you to enter Japan without a visa, you can spend a day in Tokyo or in Kamakura. You have most of the day.
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

Re: Regarding 16 hours at the airport 2023/6/1 15:25
By Googling "haneda airport stopover" you can find lots of options, even if you're not able to leave the airport for various reasons. Please take a look and feel free to come back here for more specific questions.
by Uco rate this post as useful

Re: Regarding 16 hours at the airport 2023/6/1 20:26
By Googling "haneda airport stopover"...

Many of those options are not accessible to those who dont have Visa or are not eligible for Visa free entry.

If you are Indian without Visa you will probably have to spend 16 hours on a bench, just like I spent 10 hours in Beijing on my way home from Japan.
by haens (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Regarding 16 hours at the airport 2023/6/1 20:30
I should add its not about the airport, its about the space within airport. If you are just on an layover and without Visa or Visa free entry then your space and options inside airport will be very limited. Forget about going outside or even outside security zone...
by haens (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Regarding 16 hours at the airport 2023/6/1 23:35
Well, you're always free to take a look at the official Floor Guides of each Terminal's Departure Lobbies to see what restaurant and service options you have. And there is indeed a Transit Hotel, if you're ever interested and possible in booking one.

https://tokyo-haneda.com/en/floor/terminal1/index.html
https://www.royalparkhotels.co.jp/the/tokyohaneda/transit/
by Uco rate this post as useful

Re: Regarding 16 hours at the airport 2023/6/11 07:16
Hi Anshu,

without Visa, it's not possible to get out of the airport. However, a lot of restaurants are there hence utilizing 16 hrs is not a big deal. Airport Lounges don't accept Priority Pass which we Indians have. Further, most of the lounges do not accept Master or Visa card

You have not mentioned about the return. You may apply for a multi-entry visa through VFS Global. it's easy and smooth.
by P K Gupta (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread