Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Tokyo to Mount Fuji Subaru 5th Line Station 2023/6/1 16:30
Hello,

I'll be in Tokyo in Dec, and want to visit Mount Fuji Subaru 5th Line Station. I consulted Japan Travel by Navitime and it recommends using the direct express bus from Shinjuku Station Expressway Bus Terminal to Mount Fuji Subaru 5th Line Station. Takes 2 hr 35 min at 3800 yen.

May I know if this travel route works in Dec? Otherwise, please recommend a route for me to reach Mount Fuji Subaru 5th Line Station. Will be travelling with my wife and 2 little kids.

Intention is to walk around the 5th Line Station area, take a little walk down the Ochudo Trail if possible, and then come down may be just after lunch and spend some time in the Kawaguchiko area if possible before returning to Tokyo.

Any advice is much appreciated!
by TME (guest)  

Re: Tokyo to Mount Fuji Subaru 5th Line Station 2023/6/1 17:17
Did this not answer your questions

https://www.japan-guide.com/e/e6922.html
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo to Mount Fuji Subaru 5th Line Station 2023/6/1 17:55
Hello LikeBike,

No it did not. Since there were no off-season buses for 2022. I presume off-season refers to anything outside the hiking season in summer?

I was hoping to have someone point me to a website where there were timetables or such for the Dec period for this year. I have been digging around and found the Fujikyu Bus company website: https://bus.fujikyu.co.jp/highway/detail/id/45. But it only says seasonal but doesn't exactly say when this service starts and ends and hence I ask here.

Also, it seems like it may be more economical for me to use the Fuji Excursion Trains since they are included under the JR Pass and take it from Tokyo to Kawaguchiko and then I take a bus up. It seems like the bus from Kawaguchiko is more frequent during the off-season? The timing for using the direct express bus is about the same as taking the train, just that the trains involve a lot more changes.
by TME (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo to Mount Fuji Subaru 5th Line Station 2023/6/1 23:05
I am not familiar with Fuji Subaru Line, but a quick search results in the following timetable.

https://bus.fujikyu.co.jp/rosen/detail/id/14/

This is only in Japanese, but is very simple so I think you can understand the basics: Four buses run every day.

As far as I know Fuji Subaru Line to the 5th station is open throughout the year, but you should note that in the winter it sometimes closes due to the snow and ice, and of course buses don't run. If it's sunny and warm (for the 2300 m high, of course) you can go there by bus and enjoy some walking.
by frog1954 rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo to Mount Fuji Subaru 5th Line Station 2023/6/1 23:17
Thanks Frog... that is just the bus from Kawaguchiko to the Subaru 5th station... I was asking for the direct bus from Shinjuku to the Subaru 5th station... not sure what the schedule is like... in Dec...

Re: Tokyo to Mount Fuji Subaru 5th Line Station 2023/6/2 08:11
The bus to the Subaru Line 5th Station runs around the year, but when the road is blocked by a lot of snow, it can get closed, and buses will not run all the way to the 5th station.

The timetables for December 2023 are likely not going to be published until around autumn 2023. But you can expect that there are about four buses per day, not unlike the current timetable, which is also available in English here:
https://www.japan-guide.com/bus/fuji.html
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo to Mount Fuji Subaru 5th Line Station 2023/6/2 10:53
Hello Uji, thank you for the reply. Four buses? As in the express bus from Shinjuku to the Subaru 5th station? That's good to know... thanks! I have 3 days in Tokyo, so I think I have flexibility if the weather isn't too bad in mid Dec...

Re: Tokyo to Mount Fuji Subaru 5th Line Station 2023/6/2 10:57
Four buses? As in the express bus from Shinjuku to the Subaru 5th station?

No, sorry, that refers to buses between Kawaguchiko and the 5th station. There will be no direct buses from Shinjuku in December. You will need to transfer at Kawaguchiko or Fujisan Station.

Re: Tokyo to Mount Fuji Subaru 5th Line Station 2023/6/2 11:41
Ah I see... that's very helpful... ok... then I have to just use the trains... I'll be staying at Bakurocho in Tokyo... so got to take to Kawaguchiko then catch the local bus which is 4 times a day... I think at certain times of the day, got a direct train?

Re: Tokyo to Mount Fuji Subaru 5th Line Station 2023/11/27 21:40
Hello Uji,

Need your help here... I'm about leave in 4 days' time and I have a few questions about getting to the Mt Fuji Subaru 5th Line Station from Tokyo.

1. If I were to take the Fuji Excursion train from Shinjuku, would the Shinjuku to Otsuki section be covered under the JR Pass? If so, how would I buy the Otsuki to Fujisan or Kawaguchiko section ticket?

2. Would it be better to drop off at Fujisan Station or Kawaguchiko Station? I only want to get to the Subaru 5th Line Station.

3. I am a bit confused by the bus schedule from Fujisan / Kawaguchiko to the Subaru 5th Line Station. The timetable from the Fujikyu Bus Company website has a 1 Oct 2023 date with a ~ sign after the date. Does this mean this bus route operates from 1 Oct 2023 onwards or up to 1 Oct 2023 only?

Thank you!

Re: Tokyo to Mount Fuji Subaru 5th Line Station 2023/11/28 17:04
1. If I were to take the Fuji Excursion train from Shinjuku, would the Shinjuku to Otsuki section be covered under the JR Pass?

It depends on the pass. The Japan Rail Pass and most other JR passes are not valid beyond Otsuki, but the Tokyo Wide Pass is.

If so, how would I buy the Otsuki to Fujisan or Kawaguchiko section ticket?

If you use a pass that covers it, then you can just ride it or make free seat reservations if you want to make seat reservations. If you use a pass that does not cover it, then you will have to pay a surcharge. I think you can pay it on board of the train.

2. Would it be better to drop off at Fujisan Station or Kawaguchiko Station? I only want to get to the Subaru 5th Line Station.

I recommend Fujisan Station, because that is where the bus departs from.

3. I am a bit confused by the bus schedule from Fujisan / Kawaguchiko to the Subaru 5th Line Station. The timetable from the Fujikyu Bus Company website has a 1 Oct 2023 date with a ~ sign after the date. Does this mean this bus route operates from 1 Oct 2023 onwards or up to 1 Oct 2023 only?

In these cases it would be helpful if you included a link. Without seeing the actual page, it is difficult to judge with certainty. But most likely it means "FROM October 1"

Re: Tokyo to Mount Fuji Subaru 5th Line Station 2023/11/28 17:26
Hello Uji,

Thank you so so much! And I am so so sorry I forgot to add in the link. Problem was I click submit and then realised the link wasn't added in and it was kind of difficult to find the thread.

1. I am using the Japan Rail Pass (All-Japan), not a regional pass. So ok, I think I will have to inquire at the station if I can buy the Otsuki Station to Fujisan Station segment ticket onboard. From Navitime, it says stay on board the same train. So I am guessing that I should be able to buy the supplemental fare on the train itself.

2. Thank you for the comment about getting off at Fujisan Station. I shall do that then.

3. Here's the link to the Fujikyu Bus Company's website that says 1 Oct 2023~: https://bus.fujikyu.co.jp/rosen/fujitozan

Thank you so much once again!

Re: Tokyo to Mount Fuji Subaru 5th Line Station 2023/11/29 12:17
Yes, "1 Oct 2023~" means "From October 2023 onwards"

reply to this thread