Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

ITM to Kyoto - 2 tickets for 2 train lines? 2023/6/15 16:03
Getting from ITM airport to Kyoto (Katsura Station) by train. I know I can take Osaka Monorail to Hotarugaike Station and then from there take Takarazuka Main Line to Juso Station. Then from Juso to Kyoto (Katsura Station) by Hankyu-Kyoto Line. Do I get two separate train tickets for the two train lines or only one ticket?

Thank you.
by Tofuful  

Re: ITM to Kyoto - 2 tickets for 2 train lines? 2023/6/15 16:29
If you want to buy paper tickets, then you should buy the monorail ticket at Itami and the Hankyu ticket at Hotarugaike. But I recommend to use an IC card. Makes things much simpler.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: ITM to Kyoto - 2 tickets for 2 train lines? 2023/6/15 20:43
there is another route :
take monorail from the airport to Minami-Ibaragi station. and change to Hankyu-Kyoto line.
you only have one train transfer. a little expensive because of high fare of the monorail.

the route you have planed have two train transfers.
Juso station is the connecting station among Kyoto, Kobe, Takarazuka lines. but, the station is rather small and crowded all the time..
if you go to the terminal, Umeda, you can easily understand the railway layout(one floor). platform 1-3 are Kyoto line, platform 4-6 are Takarazuka line, and platform 7-9 are Kobe line (according to my old memory).
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: ITM to Kyoto - 2 tickets for 2 train lines? 2023/6/17 17:03
Thanks Uji and Ken.
by Tofuful rate this post as useful

reply to this thread