Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Visit Japan Web? 2023/6/28 21:16
Hello I will visit soon (next week) but I read that I don't need to register with Visit Japan Web (I thought I would need to when I booked my plane)

So, should I register anyway? Is there any advantage? Do they (immigration workers) prefer it?

Also, if I register Visit Japan Web do I still have to write on immigration card on the plane for showing to immigration?

Thank you
by Visitor (guest)  

Re: Visit Japan Web? 2023/6/29 01:40
If you use the app and obtain the QR codes it will help you get through immigration and customs more quickly, also you wont have to fill out the immigration card on plane.
by haens (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Visit Japan Web? 2023/6/29 09:26
Visit Japan Web was never compulsory. It's just that, especially pre-May, you were asked to show a copy of your vaccination documents if not registered to the Web, so it was easier to just register when you have the time.

I don't know how much advantage there is now as opposed to not registering, but if it's not too much of a trouble, why not.

As suggested, if you register and have a simple screen shot of it on your camera ready to be presented, you won't have to fill in the paper immigration card. However, unless you're ready to present the QR code, they will ask you to fill in the paper custom declaration card.
by Uco rate this post as useful

Re: Visit Japan Web? 2023/6/29 21:18
Thank you kindly for the information. Then, I will register and take screenshots of everything. I only wondered because I thought immigration workers might prefer it. But if it's easier for me I'll do it.
by Visitor (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Visit Japan Web? 2023/6/30 02:32
By the way, you don't have to take screenshots of "everything". It doesn't even have to be a screenshot. You can take a photo of the cover with your name on, and that one photo on your camera or phone would be enough. Or you can just print the cover out on paper and show the paper. If someone wants to see "everything", you can access to the web and show them the pages, but that is unlikely to happen.

For me, the surprising part was that I had to show it at my departure port overseas instead of upon arrival to Japan, but that was pre-May.
by Uco rate this post as useful

reply to this thread