Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Page 1 of 2: Posts 1 - 20 of 27

1 2
next

What are ways to do high school in Japan? 2023/7/5 03:44
Hi,
I want to ask the different ways to complete high school in Japan,
other methods rather Exchange programs which is returning back to the home country but to stay as student and work there.
Year 11 and 12 High school.
by mina22watanabe  

Re: What are ways to do high school in Japan? 2023/7/5 22:50
Can you complete 12 years education in your home country,then come japan permanently as a university student and work in a good company after finishing your studies
by Sunak (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: What are ways to do high school in Japan? 2023/7/5 23:32
@ Mina

You have asked this question before and got many answers.
https://www.japan-guide.com/forum/quereadisplay.html?0+178177
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

Re: What are ways to do high school in Japan? 2023/7/5 23:49
And also

https://www.japan-guide.com/forum/quereadisplay.html?0+178162

Along with others regarding bringing your baby sister etc.

People have answered these questions for you many times. In fact I knew it would be you asking this question before I even opened the thread!
by Chris (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: What are ways to do high school in Japan? 2023/7/6 00:07
Mina, you seem to be misunderstanding, or even trying to ignore what an exchange program is.
Basically, the program is, as other people have already answered to you in another thread, for letting foreign students experience Japanese school life for a short time (for a couple of weeks, for several months, for a year, etc.). Since they belong to their original school, they have to go back to own country and finish their original school when they finish that term. It's just a temporary system, not a permanent one.
This mean that through an exchange program they can only get a right to spend for a while in Japan as a student, but cannot get a right to
spend the rest of high school time in Japan nor immigrate to Japan after the program to go to university, as you have been expecting.

P.S. You should not repeat posting similar questions just because people in here don't give you positive responses that you want. They don't try to ruin your dream maliciously but try to tell you it's highly impossible and you need to change strategy.
by Stip (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: What are ways to do high school in Japan? 2023/7/6 01:11
To achieve your dream completely (doing high school), a possible way might be asking your parents to leave Canada throwing away all they have achieved in the country and go back to Japan with your whole family. But this looks so radical, naive and unrealistic that I don't think your parents would say "Okay, let's go back to Japan as our daughter requests!"
And what is worse, this way (looks far from realistic though) only works with your parents' Japanese citizenship. I read your posts in the past but I couldn't make sure that they still keep it now in Canada. If they have already renounced it and have become Canadians, (As you may know, Japan currently denies dual citizenships for adults, so being naturalized to Canada means not being "legally" Japanese anymore) please forget about my suggestion.

Being a minor without Japanese citizenship makes your dream to move to Japan immediately and easily as a high schooler almost impossible. Aah, if only your parents would have done a certain procedure for you to reserve your Japanese citizenship!

Re: What are ways to do high school in Japan? 2023/7/6 02:29
Oh I'm sorry, you seem to have already understood that an ordinary exchange system won't suit your dream... (Because other posters also have explained it to you at another thread)

Re: What are ways to do high school in Japan? 2023/7/6 04:28
I see. So it is impossible.
My parents agree to send me to japan to do high school there consequitevly for grade 11 and 12 and agree i can accomodate myself, etc... but cant i move to there as high school student? does student visas work for high school students as well? they can travel with me also.
sorry for the trouble.
by mina22watanabe rate this post as useful

Re: What are ways to do high school in Japan? 2023/7/6 06:39
Why would you need a visa when you have a jp passport?

Get your passport re-issued. Stay with you family. Done...
by H (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: What are ways to do high school in Japan? 2023/7/6 08:43
‚ ‚È‚½‚Ì—¼e‚ªŠwZ‚ð’T‚¹‚Îi—¼e‚ªÓ”C‚ð‚à‚Á‚Äj‰Â”\«‚ª‚ ‚éB
‚ ‚È‚½‚ª’T‚¹‚΂¨‚»‚ç‚­•s‰Â”\B
‚ ‚È‚½‚̈ê˜A‚Ì“Še‚É‚Í‚ ‚È‚½‚Ì—¼e‚â‘c•ƒ•ê‚̉e‚ª”–‚¢B‘ål‚ªÏ‹É“I‚É“®‚©‚È‚¢ŒÀ‚è–³—B
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: What are ways to do high school in Japan? 2023/7/6 09:32
gStudenth visa does not cover senior high schools, as far as I know.
You need a legal guardian in Japan at the age of 11th and 12th grades.

So (as others on other threads, including myself I believe, have explained) the best course of action for you would be to complete high school in your country, then come to Japan to attend a language school (to brush up your Japanese), and then get into a university.
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: What are ways to do high school in Japan? 2023/7/6 10:32
I know that you are looking for an answer of how to get to Japan, but making multiple posts asking the same question to try and find a new answer isn't going to change the outcome.

I'm just curious, but WHY do you want to come to Japan to badly just to finish high school? Why not just finish in your country first and then come here to apply through working? Either that, or just applying to college in Japan as a student, if that's your desire.

I understand your parents say they're fine with sending you to Japan, but you have to understand that you're also very young and don't understand how the world works yet and that it's not just some easy feat to try and jump on a plane and say "i'm here and I'm going to stay". There are processes in life that we have to go through, as much as it's frustrating. Honestly, just try and find programs of either work or school to apply for a visa to come to Japan.

Do keep in mind, Japan isn't the most glorious place in the world to live. What you see in movies or on TV is just one side of the country. Living and working and going to school is STRESSFUL and I honestly can't stress that statement enough (no pun intended). Japan is a highly competitive country in the school/work field and it's why there is so much depression, anxiety and mental illness in Japan. I've seen it first hand and experienced what it feels like to get super stressed out.

I'm not saying this to discourage you, it's just the honest reality, as much as you may not want to hear that. Just always make sure you know what you're getting yourself into.

One last note. Just because life may be telling you "no" right now, that doesn't mean "no" forever. Sometimes timing is what you need to look for and then you can get what you're looking for. I wish you good luck.
by Tom (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: What are ways to do high school in Japan? 2023/7/7 03:03
Thank you for your anser.

I want to complete high school in Japan as it was my dream for since I was young,
I understand it is tough, and not very glorious however I am okay with this. Life is not always glourious. I accept some toughness.
I want a change of lifestyle, experience, and some difficulty and responsibility to deal with, however much it may be. I realize growing up fast, and if my time goes and I pass my age of high school, I will not be able to fulfill my dream ever. I want to use my opportunities to fulfill my dreams. Doing what you said to do my 12 years of education here will erase the point I am aiming for, removing the meaning of what i wanted. I also know it is not always what I want, however my parents agree and want me to do this too. But, I do not know how.

Could I possibly complete the 2 year of high school in Japan then return to Canada after graduating high school to apply for university in Japan and then go back there for uni and start the process there ?

I know I can just travel as vacation to japan, but this is not what I mean. I want to get education for my end of high school there. I know you will say I can change my lifestyle here in another way but doing so is not my point. I want to experience and take responsibility of my own, be in a different society and community, to see the world better.
I am sure nobody would have liked to see themselves in my state, of boredom overflow, in a society I cannot seem to like and fit, a teenager who just wants to experience new things and travel, live and find a good future in Japan but cannot find good advice.
I believe it will be life changing for me to go to high school in Japan, I believe it will be more mentally, phsyically, and psychologically in everyway better. As funny or idiotic it may sound, i know myself well enough to make distinction of these and see the results of improvement.
I am trying not to ask or think of university time, because it is way far, but I want to ask the high school infor so I can complete it fast and since i am already in the situation, I can help and find a path to my goal.

Please tell me about if and *how* i can complete high school in japan my remaining 2 years, only about high school for now. With exchange program, prefferably othe rthan exchange program,

Re: What are ways to do high school in Japan? 2023/7/7 03:08
I understood as @Stip mentioned, an ordinary exchange system is not suitabel for my dream.

Sorry if i sound rude or impolite in anyway, I am in a state of frustration and confusion as to if my dream has a possibility even.

Re: What are ways to do high school in Japan? 2023/7/7 03:09
H said student visa does not work for grade 11 and 12 students.
Is there any other visa suitable for me? Any other opportunituy?

Re: What are ways to do high school in Japan? 2023/7/7 07:27
No.
by Mellye rate this post as useful

Re: What are ways to do high school in Japan? 2023/7/7 09:03
Why wont you just get you Japanese passport re-issued and stay with your Japanese family in Japan.

Why do you keep dodging this option?

No visa requirements.

No guardian requirments.

You've already said you have both. So stop the 101 questions, and just do the option that will work.
by H (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: What are ways to do high school in Japan? 2023/7/7 10:11
to H,
OP is not a Japanese. 100% foreigner legally.

to OP,
the agreement between you and your parents is meaningless.
your parents must make efforts by themselves. your any efforts are valueless.
your parents must make an agreement with someone, for example school. it means your parents owe 100% responsibility about you in Japan.

you did not mention here about any detailed contribution by your parents. it implies that they have not really supported your dream, don't you !!
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: What are ways to do high school in Japan? 2023/7/7 11:01
Mina, you said yourself that you believe by going to Japan will automatically just make your life so much better. Did you read what I wrote about even my own personal experience of work/school life? It's not some glorious thing that you'll love, please trust me on this. It's EXTREMELY stressful. This is not even to mention the fact that you'd be in a foreign country with new rules, laws and culture. The way they do things in Japan is entirely different to Canada.

I'm just curious and maybe I missed it before, but have you ever been to Japan before? It's not the glorious place you think it is that you see in anime, tv, movies, etc. Every single country in the world has it's positives and negatives. It's an entirely different scenario to live, work or go to school in Japan compared to just taking a vacation.

You're still very young and you don't know what you want yet. I get it, you think you know because you're in your teenage years and that's the time when we believe we have all the answers. Life experience will be the best thing for you and your outlook on life can change in a matter of a couple of years. That's why we're all giving you suggestions here of how you can still enjoy Japan in the future.

I'll say once again, just because you're getting told "no" now doesn't mean it's forever. Sometimes you can't just get what you want in life when you want it. That would be selfish if anyone could just do that whenever they want. If you're around 16, you literally have many many years ahead to enjoy and experience Japan and life. I'm not sure what the rush is for you now to do that.

Keep in mind too, if you're suffering from school issues like bullying or "not fitting in" we've all been in those situations before. Going to Japan, they do the exact same kinds of things to students and in society. If you're believing that going to Japan is just this "magic cure" that fixes everything, I'm not sure where you got that idea from. Just think about what you can do now to finish your school in your country and then come when the timing is right.
by Tom (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: What are ways to do high school in Japan? 2023/7/8 07:27
I don't know all too much about it but I understand the way you want to live in Japan. I think the best way to do it is if your parents move to Japan with you or if you have another relative to legally stay with. I understand what you are saying because I wanted to do that too but I had to give up on it. My parents wouldn't even send me there and they aren't Japanese. Try your best with moving there but I don't really know what to say. Don't give up on your dream of going to Japan though. Maybe later. I feel really bad saying this because I was exactly like you before but I don't really think you'll get exactly what you asked for.
by bbbbb (guest) rate this post as useful

Page 1 of 2: Posts 1 - 20 of 27

1 2
next

reply to this thread