Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Hakone with rented car 2023/7/14 18:06
Hello
Arriving with a rented car, for 3 nights in Hakone. Planning on site seeing as well as one day of hiking.
As far as location for the hotel - will it better to stay in the center (by Gora Park / open air museum) or away from it all (e.g. Golf club)?
Is it still advisable to get the Hakone Pass for the "must" attractions or can I move around with the car (what is the situation with parking )?
Thanks
by Vickyt  

Re: Hakone with rented car 2023/7/14 18:39
A rental car in Hakone is quite convenient if you visit outside of the weekends and holidays, but an absolute disaster during weekends and holidays when there are terrible traffic jam. On the other side, public transportation is excellent and enjoyable across Hakone. Unless you have a mobility issue, I recommend to use public transportation. If you have a car, then there is no need to buy a pass, unless you want to park your car at the hotel for three days and use public transportation during your stay. As for location, any location is convenient if you have a car provided that the hotel offers parking. I would make a choice depending on what parking options are available and on the quality of the hotel.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Hakone with rented car 2023/7/14 18:40
This visit will give you Lifelong memories.
So i suggest you to buy hakone free pass.pub lic transportation is cheaper and affordable
by Rima (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Hakone with rented car 2023/7/14 18:43
Public trabsportation is not necessarily cheaper and more affordable. It depends on how many people there are in the OP's group.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread