Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Flight prices? 2023/7/17 20:13
Hi
Were planning a family holiday to Japan in March/April 2024. Ive been looking at flight prices and I'm wondering whether the prices are likely to go up or down. Would you book now? Or wait? We'd like to fly Premium economy if possible as my husband is v tall and we like a smaller cabin. Best prices at the moment for this are via Frankfurt or Copenhagen with either Lufthansa/SAS/BA + Japan Airlines/ ANA. Any thoughts?
Thanks
Claire
by Ck24  

Re: Flight prices? 2023/7/18 11:34
That cannot be answered realisticly here. Too many variables involved as responders here are from all over the globe.
by H (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Flight prices? 2023/7/18 15:54
Thanks for your help. Wefre flying from the UK if that helps anyone offer a view.
by Ck24 rate this post as useful

Re: Flight prices? 2023/7/18 21:51
Hello Claire,
Here I comment from the perspective of a Japanese traveler. Please note that the opinions I express here may not necessarily align with those of the UK.

Some people say it's better to book a flight as soon as possible, while others suggest booking 3 to 6 months before your trip. However, if your itinerary is already roughly fixed, I think it would be better to wait for special deals that airlines often offer randomly until at least 3 months before your trip. Sometimes, as you know, they provide tickets to specific destinations during certain periods at incredible prices. If they choose Japan as one of such destinations, it's a big chance. While I agree that booking earlier is generally advisable, these kinds of offers may be even cheaper.

In Japan, for traveling to the UK, some Middle Eastern airlines such as Emirates, Qatar, and Etihad tend to offer more affordable flights (with nicer services for the price). They might be options for you as well, but please keep in mind that they usually have longer flight durations compared to the European airlines you mentioned. Therefore, if you and your family don't like longer flights, you can exclude these Middle Eastern airlines from your list.

No one, including you and me, can predict when the lowest price comes. But I would be happy if my comment helps you.
by Stip (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Flight prices? 2023/7/18 22:12
Basic tricks: fly to one city and leave from another (land in Tokyo, and fly out from Osaka). Use "incognito mode" on your browser. You might consider using a VPN and fake your location to a "cheap country". Play with departure and arrival dates. We prefer direct flights, but if you are into changing planes: fly thru lesser logic airports: Cape town or Denver (!yes. that could work -> LHR-DEN-HND is likely cheaper than LHR-NRT direct)

We booked KLM from Amsterdam just 3 days ago. In and out of Tokyo was E3000. In to Osaka and out of Tokyo came to E2200 for 2 people with no miles or other perks. In our opinion that's a good deal for a return ticket in an emergency row seat (=legroom!)
by novwnl rate this post as useful

reply to this thread