Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

teaching in japan 2023/7/21 07:12
Hello,

I'm going to high school and I'm trying to think of careers for foreigners to live in Japan.
I've heard that teaching is the easiest way and I would really be interested in doing that but does it all add up? Is it really a good career path to take? I heard that some people don't like it and from what I've searched up some company basically cheated this one guy until he quit. Can you tell me the overview of the experience and if it is actually a good career to do?

Thanks
by maki (guest)  

Re: teaching in japan 2023/7/21 09:37
Not being horrible - but completing a 10 second search on youtube will give you hundreds of examples of what you are looking for
by mfedley rate this post as useful

Re: teaching in japan 2023/7/21 10:52
It honestly depends on what you want to do for work in Japan. If you have a degree in a specific field, I would imagine you'd go into that field. English is just the easiest way to work in Japan as it doesn't require too much to work with that kind of degree and you also don't really need Japanese speaking ability, unless you're working in a specific school that requires it.

Most companies are going to require you to have reading, writing and Japanese speaking ability to at least conversational level.

In regards to what you've heard, ANY company can have good or bad things happen. Yeah, some companies are not as good as others and maybe you'll get treated badly depending on who you work for. Though the same could be literally said about companies in nearly any country too. Just do research on it and figure out what you want to do and what's required for working in Japan.

Just on a side note (not to discourage you, but just being honest) that working in Japan isn't glorious at all. It's honestly SUPER stressful.
by Tom (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread