Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Driving a car to Mount Hakodate 2023/7/22 00:52
I plan to travel Hakodate in October 2023
I will rent a car for travel. So I checked the information about driving a car to the top of Mount Hakodate. It says that you can drive to the top of Mount Hakodate but the road will close on 4 p.m. to 9 p.m.

The question is if I drive to Mount Hakodate before 4 p.m. Can I drive down before 9 p.m. ???
by Only (guest)  

Re: Driving a car to Mount Hakodate 2023/7/22 10:58
This is what Hakodate city announced.

https://www.city.hakodate.hokkaido.jp/docs/2014021900902/

マイカー規制中における一般車両(マイカー・レンタカー)の運行方法

How to drive the private car (your own car or rental car) during the restricted period.

通行規制中,函館山登山道は通行禁止となります。一般車両で山頂に滞在している場合は,規制開始前に下山してください。

During the restricted period (PM 4:00 to 9:00), the road to Hakodate-yama is closed. If you park at the mountain top, go down before 4:00 PM.

※山頂駐車場利用中に規制時間となった場合,係員等の指示に従い,速やかに下山してください。規制時間中,山頂駐車場の利用が制限される場合があります。

If you stay after 4:00 PM, go down immediately, following the instruction from the staff. During the time of restriction, the usage of the parking might be restricted.

山頂駐車場についてのお問い合わせ先 土木部公園河川管理課 0138−21−3431

Ask by telephone 0138-21-3431

I don't know the actual guidance by the parking lot staff, and what will happen when you do not follow the inspection above. But honestly you should better take public transport (cabel car, bus or taxi) if you want see the night view from Hakodateyama.
by frog1954 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread