Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Kamikochi-Yari-Hotaka Circuit 2023/7/24 00:16
Hello,

I would like to hike to Kamikochi-Yari-Hotaka Circuit end of September (I am an experienced hiker). Huts cannot be booked more than one month in advance. Are they filling up directly or can I hope to get a spot by booking at that moment? I am thinking of staying the first night at Yari-ga-Take Sanso and the second night at Hodaka-Dake Sanso. If anyone has done this hike before, can he please confirm these are the correct places to book? I read bedding is provided in the mountain huts but do I need to bring sheets or are these provided too? Any further tips are welcome!

Thanks in advance! :)

Maïté
by Maite (guest)  

Re: Kamikochi-Yari-Hotaka Circuit 2023/7/24 08:47
Yes, those are the correct huts.

Itfs kinda hard to estimate how quickly the huts will be full as this is the first summer with no covid restrictions but the huts still operate with covid occupancy.

Generally weekends are busy and during the week isnft. 16/17/18 is a long weekend so that one will probably be booked out quickly.

Also your first day up to Yari will be long with lots of elevation.

In terms of bedding, almost all huts provide bedding but the sheets donft get washed so often so I would bring a sleeping bag liner.
by AllThePeaks rate this post as useful

Re: Kamikochi-Yari-Hotaka Circuit 2023/7/24 08:48
Extra gear: Helmet and gloves.
by AllThePeaks rate this post as useful

reply to this thread