Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Foreign couple is having a baby in Japan 2023/8/3 00:16
We are a newly married foreign couple and we just found out wefre pregnant. Ifve been living in Japan for 7 years and currently on a humanities visa expiring in 3 years. My husband is a dependent on my work visa. My husband has an online business abroad so he has no plan to work for a Japanese company fulltime and get a work visa. Can I still stay in Japan during pregnancy and after giving birth so that I can go back to work after a year? Ideally, I want to stop working while pregnant and a year after giving birth since Ifm already in my late 30s but I fully intend to go back to my job a year after giving birth. Going back to my home country is not an option since I want to utilize my health insurance in Japan. Will I lose my visa if I donft work during that time? If so, what possible visa options are available so that we can both stay in Japan?

Thanks in advance. If you can share articles we can read on with regards to our situation that would be helpful. For context, Ifm Filipino while husband is American. Onegaishimasu!
by Emma (guest)  

Re: Foreign couple is having a baby in Japan 2023/8/3 09:21
You will need to find out whether your employer has a good maternity leave system so that you can stay on their payroll and stay away from work. About returning to work after your child is one year old, please find out about childcare availability in your area (whether itfs generally very competitive or not).
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Foreign couple is having a baby in Japan 2023/8/3 10:14
since he does not work, he can take care of the baby.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread