Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Kansai One Pass - Understanding Metro 2023/8/14 16:05
Hello,

We'll be purchasing the Kansai One Pass and wanted to confirm if the suggested trains in Google Maps coincide with Kansai Railway Network. Would this single pass work if we just stayed in the Osaka / Kansai area?

Can we use Kansai One Pass for the Haruka Train for our (Arrival) Airport to Hotel and then (Departure) Hotel to Airport?

Recharges are Cash (Yen) only?

Are there bathrooms on the train or just the stations? We can stop at certain stations for bathroom, then continue onto our intended destinations right?

Any tips for understanding the rail network better? Basically the direction and end point of that line?

Around Osaka:
Osaka Metro Midosuji Line
Osaka Metro Chuo Line

To Kyoto:
Osaka East Line
Tokaido Sanyo Shinkansen Nozumi

Thank you very much.
by Minty Box  

Re: Kansai One Pass - Understanding Metro 2023/8/15 10:56
This gpassh just seems to be a fancy IC card. So a card for local transport where you pay as you go. Not a gpassh that allows limitedless travel.
You could not take the Shinkansen (nor would I actually recommend taking Shinkansen from Osaka to Kyoto unless you are staying in Shin Osaka (would NEVER recommend that) AND (!) have a JR pass. Shinkansen is too expensive for the few minutes difference.
For the Haruka I think you need an express surcharge, so I donft think you can take that directly with this card either.

Regarding toilets subway lines wonft have a toilet on board but inside the station. Normally within the payed section, so yes you could get off and on again on a following train.

Commuter trains some of them have toilets others not. I donft really know the rule. But have the impression that commuter trains around Osaka have more often toilets than commuter trains around Tokyo. Again, you could get off have your toilet stop and take the next train.

Toilets in general in Japan are pretty ubiquitous. Shopping malls, restaurant malls , conbinis, play grounds, temples/shrines and just randomly on the street.

Regarding recharging, I am actually not sure. Cash is for sure possible but some credit cards might be accepted at some machines too. I never tried that.
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

Re: Kansai One Pass - Understanding Metro 2023/8/16 03:01
Thanks for that.

What is the best way to navigate the metro system? Ensure our we are on the right line to our destination?

Fo simplicity sake, we are charged wherever we get on / off via the ticket gate right? So we can always change our exit points right?

Thank you.
by Minty Box rate this post as useful

Re: Kansai One Pass - Understanding Metro 2023/8/16 04:09
What is the best way to navigate the metro system? Ensure our we are on the right line to our destination?

Google maps works great. And wiqtqhin the subway there are enough English signs to find your way. Just consider that the time to change trains in Google maps can be too short. It is for people who are in the correct carriage and donft find any queue (Eg for the escalator ) at all.

Fo simplicity sake, we are charged wherever we get on / off via the ticket gate right? So we can always change our exit points right?

You are charged when getting out of the station. If you donft have enough money on the card you can refill before exiting.
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

Re: Kansai One Pass - Understanding Metro 2023/8/16 15:39
Thank you very much. It's much appreciated and provides assurance as we cannot communicate and older. We appreciate any advice. Btw, will the Deers at Nara Park be around late November / December?

We noticed 2 passes for the locations (Osaka, Kyoto, Nara) we want to go:

Kansai One Pass (Tourist Only)
Kansai Area Pass (1 - 4 Day Option)

Seems like we should purchase the Kansai One Pass (ICOCA) w/ Haruka (Round-Trip) as we will be arriving at KIX. The Area Pass are primarily for locals?
by Minty Box rate this post as useful

reply to this thread