Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Sagano Railway - Hozugawa River boat ride 2023/8/15 17:16
Hi all. I am planning to do the railway and then the boat ride.

Assuming I did the railway at 9.02am and ends at 9.25am, will there be sufficient time to get the boat dock for the 10am ride? How do i make the transfer to the boat dock. I have searched Google map for a recommended route. It shows to have a Keihan bus 39, which will take 15mins from Torokko Kameoka Sta. to the boat dock? Is this bus reliable, schedule wise? I am planning to buy the ticket in advance, and hence need to be absolute sure on the bus timing. (Or is a there a need to purchase in advance? I am travelling on 1 December 2023). Appreciate comments and other advices.

thank you.
by peter (guest)  

Re: Sagano Railway - Hozugawa River boat ride 2023/8/16 10:16
The bus you specified (Keihan bus 39) is for those who ride the Trokko train and the Hozugawa river boat. I am not 100% sure but the boat operator will wait for the bus to arrive, let the people get on board.
by frog1954 rate this post as useful

Re: Sagano Railway - Hozugawa River boat ride 2023/9/1 22:36
Hi Peter, you may wish to refer to https://www.japan-guide.com/e/e3965.html - last para before "Hours and Fees", it says: Alternatively, buses connect the station to the boat pier of the Hozugawa River Cruises (15 minutes, 310 yen, departures timed to train arrivals).
by Ling (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread