Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Sequencing free day program in Tokyo 2023/8/18 02:03
Hi all
After taking a coach trip one day to see the iconic places, we shall have one more day in Tokyo to explore on our own. We have tentatively planned following spots, starting from our Hotel in Shinzoku but not sure about the sequence to follow and how to travel. We shall have PASMO card

Team lab planet 10- 12. ( fixed and booked)
Lunch at Michelin.star restaurant (reasonably priced)
Shopping./ strolling in Harajoku
Maid cafe + Akhibara
Shibyua crossing

Kindly guide.
by Biswadip (guest)  

Re: Sequencing free day program in Tokyo 2023/8/18 16:24
Honestly, your timing of teamLab is pretty bad. I would skip either Akihabara or Harakuju, but if you really want to do both, it could work:
- 9-10 snap a few pictures of Shibuya Crossing, transit to teamLab
- 10-12 teamLab
- 12-15 lunch around Ginza/Shimbashi/Yurakucho + transit to Akihabara
- 15-17 Akihabara
- 17-20 Transit to Harajuku, do some shopping.

Can't recommend a restaurant, but you'll want something that's on your way to Akihabara, open for lunch, and that accepts customers until 1pm. Combined with the "reasonably priced" criteria, I think it will be difficult to find.
by Mellye rate this post as useful

Re: Sequencing free day program in Tokyo 2023/8/19 02:00
Thanks Mellye. That will help. Why do you say 10-12 is a bad time for Team Lab? Is it because of the rush or anything else? It may still be possible to change the time if other slots on that day ( 10th Oct, to be specific) is available.

by Biswadip (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Sequencing free day program in Tokyo 2023/8/19 05:31
The sunset is early in Japan (5:15 pm around October 10th, and it's dark by 18:40)
https://www.timeanddate.com/sun/japan/tokyo?month=10

Which means that with this planning, it will be dark soon after you reach Harajuku. On top of that, many shops close at 8pm. I don't particularly like Harajuku, and I am not really into buying clothes either, but if that will be your main stop for shopping, 2.5 hours might not be enough.

If you could visit at teamLab at 9am instead, it would be better, as that would let you more daylight time in Harajuku. I'm not suggesting visiting teamLab at night, because shops tend to open late in the morning as well, so it doesn't make sense to arrive in Harajuku or Akihabara before 10am.
by Mellye rate this post as useful

Re: Sequencing free day program in Tokyo 2023/8/22 03:00
Thanks. a lot
by Biswadip (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread