Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Old Passmo commuter pass re use 2023/8/19 01:10
I lived in japan a few years ago and had a commuter pass from Fujimidai station to Kojimachi (to commute to sophia uni) i know you cannot get new ones from machines easily like you used to? Im wondering if my commuter passmo will still work when i go back in a few weeks, it was like a IC card you could top up and travel around on, just had unlimited journeys on one route? does anyone know - thanks in advance
by Olive (guest)  

Re: Old Passmo commuter pass re use 2023/8/19 13:38
If "a few years" is less than 10 years, you will still be able to use it. If not, then it has turned unusable.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Old Passmo commuter pass re use 2023/8/20 11:13
@Uji, I was under the impression that a card that has not been used for 10+ years was still usable, just that any credit would have expired and it needs to be re-activated.
For the OP - the card is still simply an IC card with the commute route added to it. As the wise Uji says, if less than 10 years, should be good to use.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Old Passmo commuter pass re use 2023/8/20 14:01
I understand that they actually become unusable and cannot be reactivated. I understand you only options are to keep them as a memory or return them at a ticket office and get a refund for the 500 yen deposit.

Re: Old Passmo commuter pass re use 2023/8/21 07:49
https://www.jreast.co.jp/suica/new_s/info_tenyears.html
Found the correct reference - looks like you can get a new card without re-paying the 500 yen deposit. Happy to be corrected.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Old Passmo commuter pass re use 2023/8/21 11:54
looks like you can get a new card without re-paying the 500 yen deposit

Considering the current shortage of cards, I am wondering whether that will be possible right now. My feeling is that it may depend on the individual station staff's judgment.

reply to this thread