Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

13 days Itinerary 2023/8/21 19:49
1- HND Arrive
2- TKY-Explore
3- TKY Explore
4- TKY Qhighland
5- NRT-OKI 4-7pm
6- OKI
7- OKI
8- OKI-Kyoto (1940-2145pm)
9- Kyoto
10- Kyoto
11- Kyoto - NRT (635-810pm)
12- TKY Disney
13- HND 9pm depart

- Can i send my luggage from TKY to the Kyoto hotel? and send it back to HND?
- I would have done Disney on the 5th day but now doing on way back as flights are cheaper. Any advice on NRT- Disney and staying around?
by NR987  

Re: 13 days Itinerary 2023/8/22 09:04
Could you please clarify your airport & city codes? I know the IATA codes like HND, NRT, etc. For OKI, you are flying down to Okinoshima (Oki Islands) in Shimane? Or maybe you mean Osaka (OSA)? And why leave from Narita?
by Ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 13 days Itinerary 2023/8/22 09:31
Hi, here is the updated one.

1- HND Arrive
2- TKY
3- TKY
4- TKY
5- TKY
6- NRT - KIX (1010-1140) - Kyoto (flights were cheaper but due you recommend train here ?)
7- Kyoto
8- Kyoto
9- KIX-Okinawa (1635-7pm)
10- Okinawa
11- Okinawa
12- Okinawa - HND (2020-2245pm)
13- TKY Explore (HND-Mel) 9pm depart
by NR987 rate this post as useful

Re: 13 days Itinerary 2023/8/22 10:42
OK, I think I know at least where you are planning to go. Some other details are unclear, but I can make some educated guesses.
You mention going from NRT-KIX - I presume you are thinking of taking a low cost carrier like Peach or Jet Star. But both airports are way out of the way, and it might very well be cheaper to just use a cheap fare like JAL's Explorer Fare for about 7700 yen per flight, plus you can use international baggage rules and not be subject to the LCC's stingewad luggage weight allowances. Plus carriers like JAL & ANA have way more flights going all through the day. You could simply take the bullet train though - more expensive, but also more convenient, since you don't have to go to/from the airports, go to check-in, security, etc.
https://www.jal.co.jp/world/en/world/japan_explorer_pass/lp/

I suggest if you can to put in at least half a day to see Nara Park. You could also pull a day off of Tokyo and allocate it for Kansai. Three days for Okinawa is not bad, but if you want to see the full spectrum the place offers, I suggest you get an IDP before you leave home and rent a car while there.

Re: 13 days Itinerary 2023/8/22 12:19
I tried looking for Jal but are expensive for the date which is 11th October. We are 4 pax (2A+2C)and getting a fare of $250 for all from jetstar. But i also figured out that adding the cost of luggage, to-from airport transportation and durations, its going to be tiring and cost wise its going to be same. So why not just to take a direct train from shinjuku/tokyo (havenft decided the place to stay) to Kyoto early morning let say 8am and save my half day. May be i can do Nara park same day?

The three day in Kyoto i plan to do a day tour of Osaka probably the day i am leaving from Okinawa (saving one way cost) and other days exploring around Kyoto.

Below how I have planned TKY nights
1- Explore
2- Gotemba outlet
3- Fuji Q Highlands
4- Disney Sea
5- which is the 13th day visiting other places around Tokyo such as palace etc.

I was looking at transportation options for Gotemba and Fuji Q and they are few direct bus transfers. I am thinking to rent a car for two nights leaving on 2- going to Gotemba outlet mall directly around 8am (its going to be Saturday), staying a night there and then move to Fuji Q next day and returning back to Tokyo same night. As per google maps, drive duration will be far less compared to scheduled bus transfers and probably half the cost and much more flexibility. Is it doable?

Re: 13 days Itinerary 2023/8/22 12:40
Definitely donft fly NRT KIX. both airports are far from Tokyo /Kyoto which adds time and money. Shinkansen is the logical way to travel between Tokyo and Kyoto.

I canft talk about the idea to rent a car. Just get a hotel that has parking included. And yes, people will tell you that itfs awful to drive in Tokyo. But youfll just get in the next highway and drive out of the city. In your calculation youfll need to add ETC fees but for 4 people probably car is going to be good value.
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

Re: 13 days Itinerary 2023/8/22 13:01
Most people going from Tokyo to Kyoto go by train. There's absolutely nothing wrong with it - in fact your kids might relish the experience. While the airfare you quote is not bad at all (AU$ I presume), you still have to pay to get to/from the airports (over an hour to/from each), plus any baggage charges. If you really want to fly, the JAL fare I mentioned would be the way to go, plus it's from HND to ITM, so much, much closer to where you want to end up. But with the extra hassle of airports, the train is not a bad idea. And going there in the morning and seeing Nara Park in the afternoon sounds good too.
https://goo.gl/LfvWnL

Re: 13 days Itinerary 2023/8/22 13:14
Thank you Ken. Can you share your opinion on rent car option for Gotemba-Fuji Q highlands with respect to traffic?

reply to this thread