Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Student to Working Visa Reasons of Rejection? 2023/9/14 08:30
Im going to switch from a student visa (language school) to a work visa. The agency Ifm working with is a bit worried about my attendance, which is at 74%. On the upside, my grades are decent, with a B average.
The travel company sponsoring my work visa is in the same industry as my previous job at a hotel, so thatfs a plus I guess. Ifve been reading online, but itfs a bit confusing. Some say attendance matters a lot, others say itfs not a big deal. Also one reason is that my school doesnft accept sick leave, even with a medical certificate. If anyone has been through this or has some advice, Ifd really appreciate it.
by In993  

Re: Student to Working Visa Reasons of Rejection? 2023/9/15 06:12
Always a possibility if you attendance is super low. Show a lack of commitment.

I'd suggest just going in every day now. No days off. To lift your attendance percentage up.

Sorry though, cannot really believe you have 26% non attendance due to sick days only. No one is sick 1.3 consistately every week.
by H (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Student to Working Visa Reasons of Rejection? 2023/9/18 22:04
if you can reasonably prove that
1) your attendance was low due to a legit reason
2) that reason has been rectified

you'll be fine. when I was at language school we had a big earthquake and I had to spend an absurd amount of time dealing with fallout from my car being totaled, missed about two weeks total dealing with it.

when I went to change visa after school was done, they asked me about why the attendance was so low, showed them receipts and emails to school explaining what times/dates I'd miss class and to be excused(which was denied) - ultimately granted visa with something like 70% total attendance with a valid reason to miss school.
by oops (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread