Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Was sponsored, but I canft do the work 2023/9/25 02:39
Hi there,

I was recently on the instructor visa, and was moved to the engineering, humanities and international services visa through a sponsorship with a company. I received my Zairyu card, but the contract was to be offered on the condition of passing a training period. I havenft signed a contract for this company, and due to personal circumstances Ifm going to be unable to fulfil the training period, thus I wonft be signing a contract with them.

My question is, does this affect my status? Immigration knows Ifm unemployed due to my last role, and I havenft informed them Ifm employed because Ifm not - no contract was signed at all. Will this affect my status? Am I free to look for other work in the appropriate field?

Thanks in advance!
by mathman (guest)  

Re: Was sponsored, but I canft do the work 2023/9/25 08:27
Essentially your key line is " Immigration knows Ifm unemployed due to my last role".
Your status is dependent on having work. If you are not employed within a certain timeframe in a role that fits under your SoR category, you would not be in the country legally.
I am sure others will comment with some additional specifics.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Was sponsored, but I canft do the work 2023/9/25 09:07
So youfre saying as long as I find work within the appropriate field Ifd be ok? The fact they sponsored my change doesnft matter, itfs a case of I need to be employed in any job in those conditions
by mathman (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Was sponsored, but I canft do the work 2023/9/25 09:36
in general, you are requested to get a new job within 3 months, after you quitted the previous job.
so that, what you have to do right now is that you find a new job in the new category and report your new job to immigration.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Was sponsored, but I canft do the work 2023/9/25 09:46
Am I free to look for other work in the appropriate field?

You change/switch SoR, while being unemployed?, and was approved/received your new SoR zairyu card, with records(application) you'll be starting new employment with the said sponsor(company).

Well first you should notify/update immigration office about the change in employment.
And yes, the new SoR is for you to keep, and you can look for employment within the scope of your new SoR.

Your sponsor cannot do anything to it BUT they will need to inform immigration about the non-acceptance/not signing contract.

As for what/how immigration will proceed with your SoR situation, that you will have to check with them when you update/notify your changes.

by @... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Was sponsored, but I canft do the work 2023/9/26 13:33
As soon as you inform immigration, which you need to do within 14 days, that youfre not employed (that the contract didnft materialize, whatever the reason), and the new employer-to-have-been informs them that they are not in employment contract with you, it becomes obvious that youfve lost the basis for your current resident status.

I donft know what has happened that you cannot attend the training but wish to look for another job in the same field - there are personal circumstances such as falling ill or having to go back to your home country for family emergency, but that doesnft seem to be the case - it would sound strange in the eye of the immigration authorities.
by AK rate this post as useful

reply to this thread