Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

2 or 3 day pass (via EMot app) 2023/10/16 16:26
Hi, I will be staying in Hakone for 2 nights and will depart on the third day itself so I will not be utilising much of the 3rd day pass

So my question is can I buy a 2 day free pass instead and the Romance Car to return on the third day itself as I will only be staying at Yumoto itself near the station

Also if I buy the pass on the EMot app, can I just buy the Romance Car ticket on the station itself on the day because I do not know what time will I reach Shinjuku station since I will be coming straight from Narita

Thank you
by Teng Hock (guest)  

Re: 2 or 3 day pass (via EMot app) 2023/10/16 22:23
I am not familiar with the app you mention, so I can only answer based on what I know, the gusualh Hakone Free Pass:

https://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2358_008.html

The ones on top include the gbase fareh for your trip between Shinjuku and Hakone, and the bottom ones do not.

So if you are planning on taking the Odakyu train to Hakone and back to Shinjuku, you can buy & use the ground trip includedh version, and buy the limited express supplement for the Romance Car. (Or you could take the slower express train at no extra charge.)

So if you are buying the ground trip includedh version, buying the 2-day one for a 3-day trip doesnft make much sense, as youfd waste the return base fare which is included in the pass price.

About buying the Romance Car train ticket on the day - as far as I know, these trains tend to get booked almost full.

If you are coming from Narita, you could consider taking the JR Tokaido Shinkansen to Odawara, then going to Hakone from there.
by AK rate this post as useful

reply to this thread