Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Is it worth to visit Osaka second time? 2023/10/16 19:36
I have been visited Osaka in 2018 around 7D6N. Now I have a plan to go Kyushu next year, but it doesn't have direct flight from my country, one of the alternate way is take Shinkansen from Osaka to Kyushu. I will be landed in Osaka again, should I spend around 48 hours to revisit Osaka? I have been read many of the Osaka tour posts, I went 90% of attractions in the lists. Please convince me what are the reasons that Osaka is worth to visit second time?
by MintChoc  

Re: Is it worth to visit Osaka second time? 2023/10/17 07:09
Personally I havent fallen in love with Osaka any time that I have visited it but as things happen I find myself booked there for 3 nights in our next trip, as it makes for a convenient base for Yoshino and Mt Koya, and perhaps Himeji.

So if you want to use it as a convenient hub for places that you would rather be, it is pretty good.
by Lazy Pious (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Is it worth to visit Osaka second time? 2023/10/17 08:43
If you need someone to convince you..., then you know the answer.
You only have so much time, spend it efficiently and explore new places.
by kamahen (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Is it worth to visit Osaka second time? 2023/10/17 12:18
Kyoto is close enough to Osaka and isnft going to add considerable additional time to get to Kyushu. So I would add at the beginning and end of your trip more time in Kyoto.
OR buy a flight that connects to Kyushu. Not a separate ticket but one ticket.

Osaka, I have been for too long (for work) and have yet to find anything interesting in Osaka while I find a lot of interesting places closeby (Kyoto, Nara, Biwakoc.)
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

Re: Is it worth to visit Osaka second time? 2023/10/17 13:16
I've tried to like Osaka, but the city has very little to offer above and beyond a ton of other similar cities around the world. I will visit for the sumo, but otherwise Kyoto is a much better destination.
As you have said, you've visited, but don't have a reason to return.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Is it worth to visit Osaka second time? 2023/10/17 13:57
I think Osaka is far much better place than Tokyo. It is very close to Kyoto, Nara and Kobe which are the places Osakan like to travel. Of course Tokyo is very far. When I was a high school students in Osaka, my favorite place was Kyoto actually. Commuter trains are not so crowded as compared to that in Tokyo.

As for Osaka by itself, you can visit Sky Building near JR Osaka station. If the weather is fine, you can easily see Kobe (Rokkosan) and even Hieizan. Nara is behind the Ikoma mountains though.

One more point: Tokyo has the most prestigeous universitiy, Tokyo University, while Osaka has Osaka University which is easier to pass the entrance examination.
by frog1954 rate this post as useful

Re: Is it worth to visit Osaka second time? 2023/10/17 23:15
Depends what you like, Osaka is always great to visit to enjoy the amazing food, bars, friendly people, shopping etc. Ites always a great base to visit Nara, Himeji, Koyasan etc,
I donet think you can go wrong starting a trip there personally.
by Denis C rate this post as useful

Re: Is it worth to visit Osaka second time? 2023/10/18 09:46
Hi! I'm not sure how you've spent your time in Osaka previously, but personally I'd still revisit Osaka, though I'd definitely spend less time.

As the past few commenters have mentioned, it'll be a great idea to visit surrounding prefectures such as Kyoto and Nara. However, considering that you'll be heading towards Kyushu, you might want to consider visiting prefectures along the Sanyo Shinkansen, including Kobe and Himeji in Hyogo Prefecture, Okayama and Kurashiki in Okayama Prefecture, Onomichi and Hiroshima in Hiroshima Prefecture, and Shimonoseki in Yamaguchi Prefecture.

Regarding staying within Osaka, you might want to consider visiting places that you've not visited before, or places that are less touristy – cities like Hirakata, Takatsuki, or Minoo – just to absorb local vibes and discover the less touristy cities in the area.

Hope this helps :))
by Mizuno Jun rate this post as useful

Re: Is it worth to visit Osaka second time? 2023/10/18 15:00
I am planning one week trip to Kyoto and Kobe in the end of November. I am living in the southern Kyushu so I will take a flight to Osaka's Itami airport. On the way to Kyoto, I will go to Expo'70 Commemorative Park. I went there in 1970, when the exibision was held. Now it turns to a park and a museum of ethnology.
by frog1954 rate this post as useful

Re: Is it worth to visit Osaka second time? 2023/10/19 08:24
Spend more time in Kyushu/Fukuoka or spend the 48 hours somewhere along the shinkansen line instead.
by H (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Is it worth to visit Osaka second time? 2023/10/21 01:24
I think you basically answered your own question - if you've seen the vast majority of what Osaka offers (and yes, it has some good places, especially at night), then it's better to put your time elsewhere. Kansai has loads to offer though, so if you want to take a light first few days to beat the jet lag, that is a prudent thing to do - and there you could go see Kobe, Otsu, HImeji, Nara, Kyoto, or many other sights in the region.
by Ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Is it worth to visit Osaka second time? 2023/10/23 22:10
Like others have said, why not go somewhere else along the way?

Himeji and Okayama/Kurashiki could be a nice 1.5-2 days and it would make the journey to Kyushu shorter.

Alternatively, you could visit Wakayama, which is near the airport.
by Rabbityama rate this post as useful

Re: Is it worth to visit Osaka second time? 2023/10/24 04:36
If you've already explored most of Osaka's attractions during your previous visit, spending 48 hours there on your way to Kyushu might not be necessary. Instead, consider checking out some areas or attractions you might have missed on your first trip. Osaka is a dynamic city, so there could be new experiences or places that have opened up since your last visit.
by Filip22 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread