Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

considerations with japan 2023/10/21 07:11
Hello,

I am deciding whether or not I should move to japan. A part of me really wants to move to japan while another thinks maybe i should just move to a different state and just visit japan or become a teacher there for a few years before going back. What are some aspects that I really need to consider before making my decision. Can you please give me your honest thoughts because I honestly don't know what to expect and I don't want to be living off of lies and expectations then being disappointed. I know people say that it is stressful but I would like to elaborate on that as well to try to get a perspective of what it's like and what I should handle. Please give me any of your thoughts on Japan pros and cons. And, if you think that Japan is a good place to live then where would you recommend that I live whether for a short period of time or long one.
I know this is a lot
Thank you!
by flllllb (guest)  

Re: considerations with japan 2023/10/21 15:15
Why do you want to move to Japan?
by King of the World (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: considerations with japan 2023/10/21 19:26
I would recommend to visit Japan first. Ideally over a longer time and without a packed tourist agenda.
Maybe you can enroll in a 1 month Japanese course or something like that. That would give you at least a small taste of how it is living in Japan.
I donft think that experience of other people will help you as much as some own experience. We are all in different situations and different things stress us, we like different things etc.
eg for me personally living in Tokyo is very relaxing. I do know how crazy that sounds, because most people would expect that a city & surroundings with nearly 40 million people would be the opposite to relaxing, but for me it is. Even going to work by commuter train in the morning for me isnft stressful. But you might be different. Only because I like living in Tokyo doesnft mean youfll like it.
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

Re: considerations with japan 2023/10/21 19:38
How did you gain the opportunity to be granted a proper visa to live here in Japan? That may also help us help you.
by Uco rate this post as useful

Re: considerations with japan 2023/10/22 10:56
What are some aspects that I really need to consider before making my decision.

what make you think you want/can to move to Japan?

what type of qualification/work experience that will enable you apply for visa to move to Japan.

First thing first, are you eligible to move to Japan..what sort of visa is applicable to you to move?
Check.. https://www.juridique.jp/immigration.php

You provide nothing, just saying i want to move and i don't know anything ..information is all over the internet, just google it. Then comeback with specific or more clarification.

Someone's honey maybe other poison..
by @.. (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: considerations with japan 2023/10/22 12:12
Everybody is different. ONLY you can determine what is right for you.
by kamahen (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: considerations with japan 2023/10/23 10:50
As others have pointed out, we need a bit more information as to WHY you are thinking of moving to Japan.

What qualifications do you have to work in Japan? You can check the immigration requirements if you haven't already seen it. Have you ever been to Japan before? I would honestly just visit first and see how it is, because if you've never been to Japan and want to work in a country where you literally have never been to before, that may be a recipe for disaster.

Just some key points when considering to move to Japan. First off, it's an ENTIRELY different country compared to that of the USA. Most people don't speak English, so learning Japanese is essential to communicate. It depends also on what your job would be as these days most people coming are either going for Engineering visas or Teaching. Do you fit in one of those categories?

Even if you were to move to Japan, you have to remember that it's not going to be super easy, so just be prepared for entirely different cultural experiences and ways of life. Most employers also don't really like to hire the mindset of foreigners that say "I want to go there just for a couple of years and then go back home" because what company wants to hire someone for a short-term and then need to go through training all over again?

I would first want to make sure your purpose of why you want to move to Japan and not "just because I think it would be cool to do". Being a tourist vs. working in Japan is also ENTIRELY different. Work life honestly sucks in Japan. You usually work long hours, overtime, not great pay (especially with yen being super weak now) and just stress stress stress.

It would help to know more about what you're hoping to get out of working in Japan.
by Tom (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread