Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

10am departure flight from Narita Terminal 1 2023/11/6 03:05
Hi,

1) If hotel is at Asakusa area, how to go to Narita Terminal 1 to catch 10am flight?
2) Believed it's safer to stay at hotel at Narita airport or near Narita airport the night before.
3) Pls advise which hotel provides free shuttle to Narita Terminal 1?
4) Or any better suggestion?

Previously I flew into Haneda.. Narita Terminal 1 will be my 1st encounter...Thanks you.
by Hweeli  

Re: 10am departure flight from Narita Terminal 1 2023/11/6 07:35
I'd take the skyliner from Ueno station if you are staying at Asakusa.

But if I was leaving at 10AM, I would stay the night before at Narita town. It is quite nice there, and close to the airport.
by Lazy Pious (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 10am departure flight from Narita Terminal 1 2023/11/6 07:56
My choice would be the art hotel close to the airport. Not because of the hotel but because of their onsen

https://www.art-narita.com/en-us/

They operate a free shuttle.
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

Re: 10am departure flight from Narita Terminal 1 2023/11/6 11:45
From personal experience of staying in Tokyo and then flying home, I would always stay at a hotel that's closer to the airport so that way you don't run the risk of missing your flight. They're actually quite nice and comfortable and for a good price. Good luck on your travels!
by Tom (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 10am departure flight from Narita Terminal 1 2023/11/6 14:24
Have done numerous trips departing Narita around that time and I usually stay in Ueno or Nippori the last nights as I prefer taking the Keisei Skyliner in the morning.
by CDY (guest) rate this post as useful

Arriving to Narita Airport early is possible, but... 2023/11/6 21:14
It's technically possible to travel from the Asakusa area to Narita Airport in time for a 10 am flight (please refer to the later part to check how to), but I also recommend staying near the airport on the previous night, as other commenters do. According to the website of JTB, one of the biggest travel agencies in Japan, 18 hotels around or near the airport offer free shuttle services. (regardless their timetable)
It can be quite tiresome to wake up very early in the morning and rush through check-out to arrive at the airport a few hours before your flight just as an airline demands you.

For your reference, here are two ways to travel from Asakusa to Narita Airport:

1. Take a direct train to Narita Airport from Asakusa. This train departs from the platform for the Metro Asakusa Line.

2. Go from Asakusa to Ueno Station by the Metro Ginza Line first, and then transfer to Skyliner, which departs from Keisei Ueno Station (located slightly separately from Ueno Station of the Metro and JR).

Option 1 is the more economical but can be a bit confusing since the duration and fare may vary depending on the train you choose.
Option 2 is the faster but involves changing trains (including changing station buildings) and comes at a higher cost.
by Stip (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 10am departure flight from Narita Terminal 1 2023/11/12 16:59
Thanks for all the suggestions. Noticed if to go to Narita hotel the night before the flight, we will need to stop at Narita airport & take free shuttle fm airport to hotel, is it correct?

Checked KLOOK, there is also option to book transport pickup fm Asakusa to Narita airport on the departure date. Wonder if this is reliable as would need pick up fm Asakusa hotel around 6am. Have anyone tried this option?
by Hweeli rate this post as useful

Re: 10am departure flight from Narita Terminal 1 2023/11/12 17:57
Hi CDY,

Usually which hotel at Ueno you will recommend if my next option is to move to Ueno fm Asakusa the night before?

I noticed APA Hotel Keisei Ueno Ekimae is very near to Keisei Ueno station but unsure if it's ok or not..
Appreciate your advice. Thanks you.
by Hweeli rate this post as useful

Re: 10am departure flight from Narita Terminal 1 2023/11/12 18:04
I donft book APA hotels on principle. Their founder is a right wing denier of Japanese massacres in China and now apparently also antisemitic
https://time.com/4672913/japan-apa-hotels-antisemitic-toshio-motoya/#

I canft comment on hotels in Ueno nor on the taxi option you found through KLOOK.

If instead you stay in a hotel in Narita as explained above there are 2 types of hotels: hotel in Narita town. Then take the train to the hotel and next morning to the airport. Narita town and airport do not share the same train station and trains going to the airport mostly donft stop at Narita town.

Or stay in a hotel close to the airport. Those hotels will have a shuttle bus from/to the airport. Check with each hotel for the details.
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

Re: 10am departure flight from Narita Terminal 1 2023/11/13 00:05
In fact I stayed at APA Hotel Keisei Ueno Ekimae a number of occasions when I chose Ueno as my last nights. I like their pond view rooms. But I no longer choose that hotel or any of their hotels after learning of their ideology.

Since then I stay near Nippori Station when I want to ride Keisei Skyliner. I think the area is not on most people's radar but I love it for the vibe and convenience.
by CDY (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread