Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Fingerprint system at Japanese customs 2023/11/9 15:41
Hello, I have the following question regarding the fingerprint system at Japanese customs. Anyone who does not have two fingers on their right hand due to an accident between them and the index finger. What will be the procedure for this person to take a biometric fingerprint exam upon arrival in Japan?
by Juliano (guest)  

Re: Fingerprint system at Japanese customs 2023/11/10 06:38
Dear Juliano,

as far as I can remember the procedure at customs upon arrival, there will take the biometric fingerprint from your left and your right index finger.
None of the others too.

I think, if you don't have an index finger by circumstances, they will take a fingerprint from another finger.
If you have a biometric travel passport, you have already used some other fingers for this registration. Than you just use the same at customs, so they could check the right data on your passport.

OR maybe for customs it is simply important to registrate some of your fingerprints to identify you in case of need (maybe if you breaking the law or by an accident or so...)
If there is not a "classic" fingerprint possible, because simply the finger is not there, they would take another.

I hope this helps!
Nara
by Nara (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Fingerprint system at Japanese customs 2023/11/10 08:24
A similar question came up years ago from someone that had fingers, but no finger prints. The process involves more than just taking a finger print, there is the passport information and photo as well. And there are certainly enough travelers that are missing fingers (or whole arms) that the immigration staff would be able to process your entry without much drama. It certainly would not stop you from travelling.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Fingerprint system at Japanese customs 2023/11/10 09:27
the official answer is here.
https://www.moj.go.jp/content/000001940.pdf
Q.両手人差し指の指紋を提供できないときは,どうすればいいのですか?
A.人差し指が欠損していることその他の理由により,提供することが困難である場合には,法務
省令で定める順番により,別の指の指紋の提供を受けることになりますので,その際には入国審査
官に申し出て,その指示に従って下さい。
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread