Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Reservation Nankai Rapid train - airport 2023/11/10 23:06
Hello

Nankai Rapid train seems to require an advance reservation. But how to proceed if you arrive at Osaka airport, and don't know when you will have picked up your luggage and cleared customs.
Can someone confirm that it is nevertheless possible to buy tickets from vending machine or operator at time of arrival. I should land around 21.00

thank you
by vincent thys (guest)  

Re: Reservation Nankai Rapid train - airport 2023/11/11 06:32
Simply make the reservation at the airport after arrival. I don't think it usually sells out.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Reservation Nankai Rapid train - airport 2023/11/11 15:09
Hello, vincent thys

An advance reservation requirement means that you cannot take train without ticket and buy it on board.
You only have to ask a limited express ticket and train ticket at the station counter or ticket vending machine before going to the express platform.

Enjoy your trip!
by voircestcroire rate this post as useful

Re: Reservation Nankai Rapid train - airport 2023/11/11 17:16
I came through Kansai Airport last month and my plane landed about 9.20pm. I collected my pass and tickets (JR) through the vending machine before 10pm. So you should have ample time in normal circumstances.

Think the last Nankai rapi:t service is around 11.00pm while last Airport Express before midnight if not mistaken
by CDY (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Reservation Nankai Rapid train - airport 2023/11/11 17:24
Do you mean "Rapit" from Kansai International Airport (KIX) to Namba (one of the central area of Osaka)?
You can buy a ticket for a reserved seat AT the train station of KIX. Here everyone does so when they want to get on Rapit.
And even if you don't have a reservation you can take another train (an ordinary one) by the same railway. It takes longer and the cars are less comfortable than Rapit, but not so bad. So there's no problem without reservation in advance.
by Stip (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Reservation Nankai Rapid train - airport 2023/11/11 20:12
you don't need to insist to Rapit.
I have repeatedly said in this forum that, if you miss Rapit train and the next is regular express(it always happens), the regular express arrives at Namba EARLIER than the next Rapit. i.e. Rapit does not overtake regular express.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread