Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Marrying & Sponsoring Study in Japan 2023/11/12 23:30
Hello, I'm currently working in Japan on a working visa and planning to marry my girlfriend who is Chinese. According to my situation, I might be eligible for a Permanent Residency until next year. We're exploring options for her to study for a bachelor's degree in Japan. I have a few questions regarding this:

Can she study on a Dependent Visa after we get married?
If so, what visa is more convenient for her, a student visa, or a dependent visa?
Another issue I am concerned is, it doesn't make sense to pay for accommodation, since she will be living with me, but as per my housing contract, only spouse and/or dependants are allowed to live with me, does this means she would need to have a dependent visa?

I really appreciate any insights or guidance, especially from those with experience in navigating Japan's immigration and visa policies for similar situations.
by shigemi (guest)  

Re: Marrying & Sponsoring Study in Japan 2023/11/13 15:21
1. yes.
2. student visa is beneficial for her. but, dependent visa is beneficial for you, probably.
3. dependent visa (in immigration matter) and marriage are independent.
after getting marriage, she can stay in student visa with no problem. marriage itself satisfies the contract condition. (you need to inform to the owner as she will live with you because you have got married with her.)
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread