Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Student visa to tourist visa 2023/11/13 11:32
Hello,

Due to my current language school not being the best I am deciding to leave a semester early, but I would still like to stay in Japan for a bit longer to travel. I went to immigration and they said that since technically I am a 'drop out' I cannot switch to a tourist visa like some people sometimes do, so I must leave Japan once the semester is over.

My plan once the semester is over, fly to Korea, and come back and attend a different language school for a 3 month short term session. However, I've admittedly been a little lazy recently for my attendance is below 80%. Do you think I would be rejected when I try to fly back into Japan. Or would they not care since it is just a short term stay?

Thank you!
by Happyturns (guest)  

Re: Student visa to tourist visa 2023/11/16 10:25
I don't really understand the purpose of your question. You aren't taking school seriously now, but you want to leave and then come back to another school in which you admit you aren't really looking to seriously study. So... What exactly is the point for you spending tons of money on school in Japan just to be lazy and not study?

Are you just trying to have a fun time in Japan and stay as long as you can while just doing whatever you want? That's not how immigration likes people to come into the country. If you're coming here just to mess around and not take things seriously, immigration may not accept that as they would clearly see you didn't really put effort into the first time you came as a student.

I would just give a strong piece of advice to you: Whatever you do in life, even if you don't love doing it, just do it to the best of your ability. If your purpose is "oh i'm gonna go as a 'student' in Japan and go to parties, drink, find girls and have a fun time" then you are literally not trying to live up to what the visa is intended for.
by Tom (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread