Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Combining two different regional passes 2023/11/28 01:51
Hi,

I have a plan to visit Kurayoshi (Tottori Prefecture) from Osaka using Super Hakuto, but purchasing a round-trip ticket is too expensive, also using sanyo-san'in area pass isn't worth it since the price is similar. So, I wanna combine Kansai Wide Area Pass which deliver me to Tottori Station using reserved seat, and then continue to Kurayoshi using Tottori Matsue Area Pass with non reserved seat. Both pass serve Super Hakuto with no extra charges. But the question is:

1. Is it possible to combine regional pass at the same time? Since that pass covered different area.

2. If it possible, what should I do at Tottori Station? Get out from the station with Kansai Wide and Boarding again with Tottori Matsue, or just move from reserved car to non reserved one?

Thanks.
by Alfy (guest)  

Re: Combining two different regional passes 2023/11/28 18:34
You can buy two different passes overlapping each other. What you cannot do is buy/exchange two identical passes for the same timeframe, which, I think, is to prevent fraud (buying a pass for a non eligible traveler).

https://www.westjr.co.jp/global/en/ticket/pass/kansai_wide/
"Individual customers are not allowed to purchase or exchange more than one of the same ticket for the same use period."

Yes, just stay in the same train and move to a non reserved seat, then use your Matsue pass to exit at Kurayoshi.
by Mellye rate this post as useful

reply to this thread