Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Very long security queues at Kansai 2023/12/5 08:37
I have been reading of 1-2 hour long security queues at Kansai Airport. What is the problem? Is it expected to be solved soon?
by Judith (guest)  

Re: Very long security queues at Kansai 2023/12/5 15:45
About the congestion at KIX
https://news.yahoo.co.jp/expert/articles/69c229b41ea08740c5536877ae948...

Due to construction/renovation for 2025 Osaka/Kansai International Expo ..

https://news.yahoo.co.jp/articles/0012f6f401ef6debda9b6c02a2a1ee1c3bb5...

Finished on 12/4, open today 12/5, so suppose to ease up the congestion....

You can check the congestion condition at KIX homepage ..
https://www.kansai-airport.or.jp/busyness

by @.. (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Very long security queues at Kansai 2023/12/5 19:20
very quick when we went through about 3 weeks ago at 6.30pm, carry on only. probably out of the airport in 15 minutes.
by Lazy Pious (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Very long security queues at Kansai 2023/12/5 19:25
Thank you @, thank you Lazy Pious. The problem with the security queues is at the International departures. I hope the opening of the new section means the problem is over.
by Judith (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Very long security queues at Kansai 2023/12/5 20:21
Ahhhh, well I went through departures last week, probably took 15 minutes as well, though it was at about 9PM. In fact it was a lot quicker than leaving Australia which took ages, but I think we set a record on arrival in Australia, got through security and customs (carry on only) in about 3 minutes being at the front of the herd at Cairns airport.
by Lazy Pious (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Very long security queues at Kansai 2023/12/5 22:08
Gone out thru Kansai end of October for a 11am flight. The queue was pretty long but was moving. Took about 20-25 minutes. Think the bottleneck was at the scanning of boarding pass gate as some people had problems going thru it. Thought was faster at immigration now as all are using the biometric autogates.
by CDY (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Very long security queues at Kansai 2023/12/6 07:53
Someone over on the TA forum had a whinge, but it is not isolated to KIX. If you want to see monster queues, then most airports have them for things like check-in and security. (Huge lines for one of the check-ins at Haneda on Monday), but security was shorter (maybe 15 minutes to get to the x-ray machines - I've seen much longer). I've had some waits at Narita, but 15 minutes is not that long - I can wait that long for a simple domestic flight.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Very long security queues at Kansai 2023/12/12 21:07
We cleared check in & custom at Kansai Airport very fast. Our airline is SQ. Whole process only took 10mins. Our departure date is today Dec 12.
by Mrs Leow (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Very long security queues at Kansai 2023/12/12 21:12
Thank you Mrs Leow. Is your flight the 5 PM SQ flight?
by Judith (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread