Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

New Chitose Airport Domestic Checkin Time 2023/12/31 16:38
Hi,

The first train from Sapporo arrives at New Chitose Airport at 628. My flight is from New Chitose Airport to Haneda Airport at 0730. And from Haneda I will take an international flight at 1105.

Since the first train only arrives at 628 and my flight is 0730, will I have enough time to check in my luggage and clear security? This is my first time taking domestic flight in Japan so I am not sure what to expect. I wanted to book the Airport Hotel to stay the night before but unfortunately itfs fully booked.

I am travelling in June 2024 so I just want to plan ahead.
by Justin Tan (guest)  

Re: New Chitose Airport Domestic Checkin Time 2024/1/1 08:11
Yes, an hour is enough time for a domestic departure.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: New Chitose Airport Domestic Checkin Time 2024/1/1 09:51
Btw, the hotel may not yet be open for booking. Itfs more than 6 months out.
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

Re: New Chitose Airport Domestic Checkin Time 2024/1/1 14:54
Thank you Uji for the reply. As this is the first flight of the day, I'm not sure how long the check in line for bag drop and security clearance will be. I understand this is not predictable at this moment. I might sound paranoid but I just want to be sure as I don't want to be caught in a situation where I don't have enough time for these clearance.

Hi LikeBike, the hotels are opened for booking, but I suspect it could be due to the Sapporo Shrine Festival happening on 14 to 16 June, hence the airport hotels are sold out.
by Justin Tan (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: New Chitose Airport Domestic Checkin Time 2024/1/1 16:17
If you use a low-cost carrier, they seem to have their own rules and it may be better to arrive a little earlier, but for regular flights (JAL, ANA, Air Do) one hour in advance is no problem unless you train is delayed or you get lost in the airport. It is more for the train-delay reason why I personally would try to stay at the airport.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: New Chitose Airport Domestic Checkin Time 2024/1/1 17:08
thanks Uji, I am using a regular carrier, ANA. I would like to stay in airport hotel but unfortunately, it's all full.

If I don't rely on the train, taking the taxi all the way from Sapporo would cost me USD150! (this estimate was given to me by my hotel)

I thought of staying near Chitose Station, which is like 6KM away from the airport and maybe take a taxi to the airport, earlier in the morning. Do you know any websites which I can use to estimate the cost of the taxi from Chitose Station to the hotel?
by Justin Tan (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: New Chitose Airport Domestic Checkin Time 2024/1/1 17:08
thanks Uji, I am using a regular carrier, ANA. I would like to stay in airport hotel but unfortunately, it's all full.

If I don't rely on the train, taking the taxi all the way from Sapporo would cost me USD150! (this estimate was given to me by my hotel)

I thought of staying near Chitose Station, which is like 6KM away from the airport and maybe take a taxi to the airport, earlier in the morning. Do you know any websites which I can use to estimate the cost of the taxi from Chitose Station to the airport? *sorry for the repeat post as there is no edit button*
by Justin (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread