Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Visit Shirakawago, Gujo, Gero, Magomejuku 2024/1/17 23:31
Ifm struggling building an itenary around gifu.
My first plan was staying at gero onsen, and then day tripping all other destinations lik Shirakawago, magomejuku, and gujo hachiman.
What I learned threnis no public direct public transport from either way of my destination.
Example from Gero Onsen to Gujo Hachiman Google says I must take train back to Nagoya and then continue to Gujo, 4 hours trip thats waste of time, although direct road with driving a car its just under 1 hour,and car rental is not an option for me.

Is there another option where should I stay for day trip those location snd lastly staying at grro onsen?
by Shinyamato  

Re: Visit Shirakawago, Gujo, Gero, Magomejuku 2024/1/18 07:27
1. Hire a car
2. Drop difficult to access locations
3. Split stay between 2 different locations
by H (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Visit Shirakawago, Gujo, Gero, Magomejuku 2024/1/18 07:54
Takayama would be the better place to stay
- about 2 h by bus to Gujo Hashima
- 45 min by train to Gero onsen
- 1 h by bus to Shirakawago
However Magome is difficult to reach from all these locations. The fastest would be from Gero at about 2,5 h. From other locations itfs somewhere around the 4 h mark.

To me the selection of places you want to go doesnft make sense. Reasonably you could stay in Takayama to visit Shirakawago, then move to Gero onsen stay there , then move to Magome and stay there. A daytrip from Takayama to Gujo is total 4 h on transport. I find that a bit too long.

But Ifd agree these places arenft ideal for daytripping. Just have a look at a map and all the mountains in the region.
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

reply to this thread