Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Day trip 2024/1/28 23:01
Was wondering if a day trip to Misaki (Misaki Maguro Day Trip Ticket) , Kawazu cherry blossom and food crawl in Yokohama China town was doable in a day trip. Also, is it worth visiting those locations? Thanks
by Nina (guest)  

Re: Day trip 2024/1/29 13:37
Misaki and Kawazu are far down two different peninsulas. Many hours of transportation will be involved to reach both. If you do not mind that and start your day really early, it could be possible. I would certainly not recommend it, though.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Day trip 2024/1/29 21:28
I have done both the Kawazu Cherry Blossom Festival and the Misaki Maguro Ticket excursion, and I recommend both (depending on the weather and the state of the cherry blossoms). However, I would certainly not consider doing both in the same day. It takes a long time to get to Kawazu and back, and as Uji said, the Misaki Peninsula is in a different geographical location. Also, as I recall, the Maguro ticket features some benefits (a maguro lunch and an activity of your choice) involving venues that donft open very early, so you might need to be on that peninsula around midday. It would be difficult or impossible to then get to Kawazu before it is too dark to see any cherry blossoms.

If you time out a schedule with rail transportation (check actual times of trains), I think you will likely come to the same conclusion. Remember that you donft just need to get to the destinations, you need to allow time to enjoy them. And you need to pay the costs for both. The Odoriko isnft all that cheap.

Youfre talking about two potentially lovely day trips, each with an evening free to poke around Yokohama (also recommended, although Ifm not a particular fan of Chinatown; I prefer the waterfront area). If you donft have two days to spend, then pick one trip. I might have a hard time deciding, myself.
by Kim (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Day trip 2024/1/29 21:40
Ifll just add that if you are considering Kawazu, make sure you investigate the current real state of the sakura bloom. It can vary quite a bit, and you canft trust forecasts made weeks (or even months) in advance. I was very fortunate that the only day I had to go there happened to coincide with peak bloom, and it was glorious. I donft think it has to be absolute peak to be good, but if you were to get there too early or too late, it could be disappointing. A nice train ride, butc

Advance booking of the trains to and from Kawazu is strongly recommended. If you canft get seats on the Odoriko (or Saphir Odoriko), you might end up having to use local trains for some or all of the ride, and you might not like that very much.
by Kim (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Day trip 2024/1/30 01:09
I don't recommend you visiting both places in one day, either. If you force yourself to execute those plans, most of your memories of the trip will not be about the amazing cherry blossom views or the delicious tuna, but "I was on the train almost the whole day and it made my butt hurt."
by Stip (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread