Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

China National Day Golden Week in October 2024/1/31 06:49
The 2024 China National Day Golden Week is from Tuesday 1 October until Monday 7 October. Based on the same holiday in 2023, does anyone have experience/feedback about whether this holiday makes it an especially busy (or busier) time in Japan, e.g. hotels, main sights, transportation?

I hear about overtourism a lot but wonder is it worse during a holiday such as this?

Thanks in advance
by ngmcd  

Re: China National Day Golden Week in October 2024/2/2 07:48
I can only speak for the present. There weren't a lot of Chinese tourists visiting to Japan when I visited in January 2024, or at least generally fewer than before the pandemic. But, I would suggest avoiding Golden Week just in case if you are concerned about increase in hotel price, over tourism, etc. Japan has seen a resurgence of tourism overall, and my experience is several peak seasons include New Years (which I experienced was mayhem), sakura season, and the Fall colours.
by Villagemayor rate this post as useful

Re: China National Day Golden Week in October 2024/2/2 08:49
I also heard that there are far less tourists from China now, compared to pre-pandemic days. Wait for the lunar new year week, coming up soon, to see if the same trend holds.
by kamahen (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread