Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Tojyo-Karuizawa-Kusatsu 2024/2/8 03:52
Trying to enjoy some snow in Japan (no skiing though), I thought of going to Karuizawa and then Kusatsu onsen for overnight stay before moving on to Tokyo or Nagano (Yudanaka?)

Saw there was a bus to Kusatsu from Karuizawa but maybe it gets full fast or it might need more time in Karuizawa?
by Oiun (guest)  

Re: Tojyo-Karuizawa-Kusatsu 2024/2/8 06:15
Hi, I have to control myself here as one poster pointed out that I over-recommend Karuizawa. So I wont say much about that fabulous town which we tend to spend 3 nights at when we can and never tire of.

It can get snow as late as April I think though usually not, we were there in early March last year and there was snow and ice on the ground which made it harder to get around, Shiraito falls (which is on the way to Kusatsu) was gorgeous but a waste of time because we couldnt take any of the hikes due to ice.

The buses to Kusatsu are very regular, I wouldnt worry about them being too full. Kusatsu is a nice town to stay overnight as everyone is out and about in the town square in their yukata with the sulphur steam everywhere, it is quite a bit of fun. I didnt think the accommodation there was excellent or the food for that matter, but the atmosphere made up for it, and the water is fantastic and your skin is soft as a baby's bottom after a bath (dont splash it in your eyes, it is full on acidic).
by Lazy Pious (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread