Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Arita and Imari tours? 2024/2/11 19:02
Hi is there a tour that covers both these villages? I am very interested in the ceramics, but have to rely on public transportation. Would it be best to stay a night in each place to be able to get a good look at both places
by KathleenS  

Re: Arita and Imari tours? 2024/2/12 23:20
Been both only by self drive one day trip from Fukuoka. Imari's Okawachiyama is a nice district but is hard to reach by public transportation at the same time. It depends on where you're going to in Arita but some are within walking distance from JR station. I haven't heard of any tour, especially in English. I often notice tourists from South Korean and Taiwan visit there by bus tour (probably from their home country).
by KyushuLocal rate this post as useful

Re: Arita and Imari tours? 2024/2/13 07:53
You could try contacting Simon at Kyushu Journeys.
letsgo@kyushujourneys.com
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Arita and Imari tours? 2024/2/14 04:28
For these places, public transportation is not that convenient. Renting a car would be ideal, but since that's not something you want, there could be a tour, or worst case you can go by taxi, though it can get very expensive. But that's what I did years ago when I went to the Arita Porcelain Park, which was totally worth it.
https://youtu.be/yFa4gXw-W04
by Ken (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread