Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

How bad are queues at Disney on weekdays? 2024/3/2 19:21
Hi, we are considering visiting Tokyo Disneyland and Disneysea in mid April on a weekday.
There are no kids in our group and so we are mainly interested in rides only, not performances.
If each ride is still a half to one hour wait then I will probably skip it, just wondering what the situation is like for anyone that has been recently or is familiar with the topic.
We don't want to spend half the time stuck in queues (who does, actually?), so may give it a miss if queues are bad since Disney is low priority for us. Just don't want to waste a trip.
Thanks!
by TP (guest)  

Re: How bad are queues at Disney on weekdays? 2024/3/3 18:29
A long time since I visited Disney in Tokyo. Did you know they (some parks) manipulate the queues so irrespective of the date of visit, you still have to wait? Makes it easier to sell those "fast pass" tickets.
But, weekdays would be better. You don't want to front up to the parks and find they have halted new entry due to over crowding - hit that once here in Tokyo for a friend that wanted to go. Personally, no interest in going to Disney.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: How bad are queues at Disney on weekdays? 2024/3/3 19:03
I haven't been to the Disneys in a while either, but is it just me who always felt that shows and parades and the walking around were much more entertaining for adults than the rides (especially in Sea)? And weren't the rides with longer queues the only ones that were fun?

In any case, if you're going to Disney, you need to immerse yourself in the world of those stories, characters and service. Otherwise, you'd end up getting the experience of riding regular rides you see in any cheap theme park.

If I were you, I'd go mainly for the shows and parades. And since you're not alone, perhaps you can choose one or two popular rides and chat while you wait in the queue. Mid-April is not a bad season to wait outdoors.

Correct me if I'm outdated.
by Uco rate this post as useful

Re: How bad are queues at Disney on weekdays? 2024/3/3 23:43
Thanks for the replies.
We are not actually that interested in the story or plays. Perhaps I might have been when I was younger, but modern disney movies are not really our thing.
We are going mainly for the rides and for a stroll, also to tick off a childhood dream/bucket list that many of us couldn't fulfill - going to Disneyland - since we never got a chance when we were kids. There were and still are no disneylands anywhere near our country.

However since our time in Tokyo is not that long, I might reconsider going if there are going to be long queues. Maybe if therew were kids in our group we would put it on a higher priority. However this group is a lot more interested in traditional Japan than disney, we just happened to have a spare day.

Not to dismiss Disneyland in any way, I am sure it is great for young families.
by TP (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: How bad are queues at Disney on weekdays? 2024/3/4 00:44
In that case, why not narrow it down to the more classical Tokyo Disneyland (without the Sea) and buy something like a Weeknight Passport?
https://www.tokyodisneyresort.jp/en/ticket/index.html

Typically, a full Disneyland experience requires you to get up early and spending a whole day there until you're dead tired, and repeating it all over for Disney Sea. But tickets like the Weeknight Passport or Early Evening Passport would allow you to enjoy a quick stroll in the park within more reasonable prices. You would have no time to enjoy a lot of the popular rides, but those aren't for you anyway.

I myself have always been a fan of only the older Disney animation movies, the ones that Walt himself oversaw (with no computers used). So, what I enjoyed as an adult were things like meeting the seven dwarfs by accident and walking through Cinderella's Castle and buying snacks that taste American. Nighttime in Disneyland is quite beautiful as well. I'm sure you'll love it if you decide to visit anyway.
by Uco rate this post as useful

Re: How bad are queues at Disney on weekdays? 2024/3/4 15:35
are you going to both in one day ?

I would suggest going only to one , Disney sea for the rides and Disneyland for the Disney experience.

Their app can show the waiting times. I would also suggest researching on 4-5 rides that you want to go and aim for those.
by Chickenman905 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread