Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Izu or Noto Peninsula for an active family 2024/3/7 09:04
Hi
We will have a week in July between Kyoto and Tokyo that I'm keen to fill with outdoor adventures and homestyle / onsen Japan for a family of four. I can see many great options, but would appreciate some advice from those who have visited both regions off-the-beaten-track.

Kanazawa - Noto - Nagano
Izu peninsula - Hakone

Thank you!
by Sarah (guest)  

Re: Izu or Noto Peninsula for an active family 2024/3/7 10:44
For the Noto option, Kanazawa (and Nagano) would be fine, but I am not sure if the area up into the Noto peninsula would be ready for tourists, even in the coming summer, after the January earthquake.

by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Izu or Noto Peninsula for an active family 2024/3/7 10:45
Hakone would be my choice.
by . (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Izu or Noto Peninsula for an active family 2024/3/7 12:11
July in the heat Ifd probably take Izu peninsula so you can cool down in the ocean.

Noto peninsula I am not sure it will have recovered enough for tourism by then. And Kanazawa is a city. Not an outdoor destination.
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

Re: Izu or Noto Peninsula for an active family 2024/3/7 12:20
Northern option since it is hot when travelling.
by H (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Izu or Noto Peninsula for an active family 2024/3/7 18:40
Izu would be nice during July - but it could also be really busy if its a weekend
by mfedley rate this post as useful

Re: Izu or Noto Peninsula for an active family 2024/3/8 00:56
Most of the northern Noto Peninsula is unlikely to be ready for tourism by July.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Izu or Noto Peninsula for an active family 2024/3/8 02:38
I just relooked at your original comments and Hakone/Izu is nice but is not off the beaten track at all. It might be for western tourists for Izu, but it's a Japanese mecca

Have you though about Shikoku or the Kii Peninsula. The Kii Peninsula is quite beautiful and is definitely more off the beaten track
by mfedley rate this post as useful

Re: Izu or Noto Peninsula for an active family 2024/3/8 07:02
If not Noto, then look at the coastline between Toyama and Joestu. Largely unknown to international visitors. And you get a mixture of beaches and mountains.
by H (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread