Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Purchase the JR West Kansai Wide pass? 2024/3/14 17:21
Arrived Kansai International airport assuming ready at 2:00pm and start the trip to Tottori station.
Planning to spend 4 days at Tottori and 2 days in Osaka. Can't figure out if the JR West Kansai Wide pass worth to purchase or should I take the shuttle bus from KIX to OCAT and from OCAT to Tottori?
Will my 60 inches luggage cause me problem while taking the Super Hakuto? Any advise will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
by Janet (guest)  

Re: Purchase the JR West Kansai Wide pass? 2024/3/15 06:17
Going from KIX-Tottori-Osaka does make the wide area pass pay off. Routing can vary though by timing. The simplest way would be to go to Osaka and catch the Super Hokuto ltd express train. But at another time it might be better going to Himeji and getting a train from there. Plus the number of transfers may or may not bother you. There are several train route sites you can look at to see which way works best for you, like Navitime, google maps, Ekispert, etc.
As for luggage, did you see the page on
https://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2274.html
And are you taking the shinkansen part of the way there?

Not sure what you're going to Tottori for 4 days is about. The sand dunes and museum are worth seeing. Walking the Shirawara & Uradome coast can be a good experience too. It is not a big city with a lot of sights though - and the evening nightlife was nothing to write home about.
by Ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Purchase the JR West Kansai Wide pass? 2024/3/15 17:13
Thank you Ken for your helpful information! I will choose the simplest way to get to Tottori as much as possible. Japan's public transportations are very challenging to me.
From your question, are you taking the shinkansen part of the way there?
As far as I learn Haruka and Super Hakuto consider as Express Train not Shinkansen? I'm still learning the transportation system. 😁 I think the JR West Kansai wide pass allows me to travel with those trains without additional cost and it should pay off. Spending 4 days in Tottori sound too much but actually only 2 full days to travel.
Does anyone know the pass cover transportation within Tottori and the JR in Osaka?
by Janet (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread