Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Ticket for the Hida Limited Express train 2024/3/16 08:19
Hello, today I bought a ticket for the Hida Limited Express train on the JR West website from Shin-Osaka to Takayama. I'm not sure if I did it correctly because after I made the payment with my Visa card - Revolut, my account says that the payment status is processing, meaning it hasn't been completed yet. Will this payment not go through because I used a Revolut card instead of a credit card? I didn't use a credit card because I don't have one. What happens in such a case? I've already received a confirmation of the reservation on my email. Can I make this payment somewhere at a ticket counter, for example, at the station in Osaka? Or will the reservation simply be canceled because the payment didn't go through? I need to make this reservation before my trip to Japan because I'm afraid there won't be any tickets left for this train. Why do they require a credit card everywhere, not everyone has one :( :(
by patrycjaaabb  

Re: Ticket for the Hida Limited Express train 2024/3/16 17:01
Non credit card payments take time to process.

If payment doesn't go through, reservation will be cancelled.

Without getting to banking technical, a credit card allows instant payment as the bank assumes the risk. Hence why businesses want credit cards.
by H (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Ticket for the Hida Limited Express train 2024/3/16 19:38
Since your payment is "processing" (meaning it hasn't been ignored) and you have already received a confirmation of the reservation on my email, you are okay.

If something goes wrong, someone will contact you. Otherwise, you don't have to do anything, and your seats are confirmed. Carry your confirmation email just in case.
by Uco rate this post as useful

reply to this thread