Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Fushimi Jikkokubune vs Okazaki Jikkokubune 2024/3/29 18:08
I intended to book tickets for the Fushimi Jikkokubune Boat Cruise, but mistakenly booked the Okazaki Jikkokubune Boat Ride. I searched for the difference between these cruises but could not find an answer. Could you please share the differences between these two? Is the Okazaki Jikkokubune Boat Ride worth it?

Thank you so much
Giang
by GiangNguyen  

Re: Fushimi Jikkokubune vs Okazaki Jikkokubune 2024/3/30 05:44
Disclaimer is I havent done either.

I am guessing you wanted to do the east Kyoto temple canals?

https://kyoto-tabi.or.jp/tour/240320jfe/

https://kyoto-fushimi.or.jp/fune/

But just a quick look at website, I don't see huge differences. I didn't know this Fushimi canal cruise existed before you posted your question. Fushimi seems smaller. Less known which means less likely to be over ran by us, the tourists. Goes though more residental and sake brewers.

Is up to you which you choose. Negative I guess is it is a little out of the way. Especially if you were having a day walking around the east Kyoto temple sights.
by H (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Fushimi Jikkokubune vs Okazaki Jikkokubune 2024/3/30 09:16
I have only seen the Fushimi Jikkokubune, and I have only walked through the Okazaki canal.
If you are not going to a Sake brewery (or Teradaya) in Fushimi, I recommend Okazaki Jikkokubune over Fushimi Jikkokubune.
You need to take a train from Fushimi Inari to get to Fushimi Jikkokubune, but you can walk there from Sake brewery (or Teradaya).
There are more sightseeing spots around Okazaki Jikkokubune, so it's easier to move to the next sightseeing spot.
by haro1210 rate this post as useful

Re: Fushimi Jikkokubune vs Okazaki Jikkokubune 2024/3/30 21:06
Hi H,

Thank you very much for your response. Yes, I read the review, and they recommended taking a boat from Fushimi. But then, dumb me, I thought Jikkokubune was the name of the spot, and when I searched in English, the Okazai boat website came up, and with FOMO like other tourists, I ordered the tickets without thoroughly checking. Just as they issued the booking confirmation, I reread it and realized I had booked the wrong one. Yeah, the canal in Fushimi is narrower, thus I believe I may view the cherry blossom closer than the one in Okazaki. If I can see magnificent cherry blossom landscapes in other parts of Tokyo, I'll forgo the Fushimi Jikkokubune.

Hi haro1210,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience. I don't intend to see the sake brew. Did you visit Fushimi Jikkokubune during the cherry blossom season? Was it worth the trip from Fushimi Inari?
by GiangNguyen rate this post as useful

reply to this thread