Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Alias after Marriage question 2024/4/3 03:22
Hello. Me and my husband married in Japan while I was on a tourist Visa.
I am currently applying for a Spouse Visa, and once I receive this visa I want to register an Alias ’ÊÌ–¼ using his last name and my first name at the city hall.
Is this possible to do? I know they offer you to get an alias when you are already married on a visa, but I did not yet have a long term visa so I wasn't offered this, but I do want to change my name.
I apologize for my poor english, and if anyone has experience with this please let me know. Thank you everyone
by asker (guest)  

Re: Alias after Marriage question 2024/4/3 14:10
Why not contact city hall and request to change your name?
by Tom (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Alias after Marriage question 2024/4/3 15:40
As far as I know, the alias that a non-Japanese national registers does NOT appear on the gresident cardh (gzairyu cardh).

So once you get a resident status as gspouse,h you get registered as a resident on your Japanese spousefs gJuminhyoh (resident registration), you can register an alias, for example in katakana instead of alphabets (in the case of a westerner). But that I believe does not appear on the front of the card itself.

If you want to gchangeh your family name, i guess it would be your home countryfs authorities who can handle that.
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Alias after Marriage question 2024/4/30 17:43
Hello dear,

Donft worry, you can ask to register an alias when you will register your address at your city hall 🙂 usually you just need to bring a wedding certificate in order to use your partnerfs name.

Your alias will then be on all of your papers and IDs, except on your resident card as the name on it should match your passport name.
by Belly (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread