Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Lake Kawaguchi & Fuji Q - one or both? 2024/4/10 19:26
Hi everyone,

I'm planning my May Japan trip and hoping for some advice.

I've allowed time for a day trip to Lake Kawaguchi in the hopes of seeing Mt Fuji. My friend recently told me about Fuji Q and I also love the sound of some of the rollercoasters there and particularly the haunted house. My questions are:

1. Would it be advisable to go from Tokyo to Lake Kawaguchi for a bike ride, and then spend the afternoon at Fuji Q, returning to Tokyo at night? Or is that pushing it for time?

2. Being that getting clear weather to see Mt Fuji can be difficult, I'm planning to leave a couple of available days in our itinerary, in the hopes that one will have clear weather. Will it be possible to book bus/train tickets and Fuji Q tickets the day before? Or will they be sold out?

Thanks so much for your help!
by Bec g  

Re: Lake Kawaguchi & Fuji Q - one or both? 2024/4/11 07:01
Tokyo To Lake kawaguchiko by bike
Possible but i strongly suggest public transpo rt,2200yen by Fujikyu ko bus frm shinjuku eki
by Ittefaq (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Lake Kawaguchi & Fuji Q - one or both? 2024/4/11 07:24
Cycling along lake Kawaguchiko a bit and then dropping if the bike and going to Fuji Q from a time perspective should be totally doable. All depends how long you cycle around and how long you want to be in the amusement park.

I know that the express train sells out quite frequently at least on WE. But there are also combinations with non express trains that have no reserved seats. So you can decide last minute. I do agree with your plan to leave it flexible because for most people going to Kawaguchiko and not seeing Fuji is a big bummer.
Happened to me last year June:
http://bicycletraveljapan.blogspot.com/2023/06/ride-out-to-fuji-rain-a...
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

reply to this thread