Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Worried About COE application /Spouse 2024/4/23 18:03
Hello,

I'm currently planning on applying for a COE so that me and my wife can move to Japan as she misses home. I'm from Ireland and my wife is Japanese we are both currently living here, just in regards to funds needed for applying... Is there a set amount I need in my account for the application to be accepted? We are both going to looking for work when arrive there and will be staying with her parents until we have ourselves a job. Just worried as I am currently renting in Ireland and the cost of rent here is crazy so I'm only able to save a small amount I am planning to apply with 1'000'000 yen in my account will the be enough?

Thanks in advance
by Marley (guest)  

Re: Worried About COE application /Spouse 2024/4/24 10:33
It's honestly to the discretion of whoever at immigration handles your case. If you really want to know, you could always call and ask immigration as they would have a better answer.
by Tom (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Worried About COE application /Spouse 2024/4/24 21:59
Actually for spouse of Japanese national, what they immigration office tend to look for is that (1) the marriage is genuine, and (2) the Japanese national (or the couple together) can support themselves financially, or that they have good prospects of being able to support themselves financially, on a continual basis, rather than the amount of savings at hand, though of course more would sound good, because that would attest to a good career.

Since the two of you are not in Japan currently, your Japanese spouse is unable to provide any recent tax record I assume, so maybe as support for good prospect in Japan, you “could” attach a letter describing what kind of career you’ve pursued so far, and writing out your intentions for looking for a job in Japan with that credential… or something like that. (THis is something we did years ago, when my non-Japanese husband had to change from an employer-sponsored resident status to spouse, when he was made redundant and I was an unstable freelancer.)
Also of course her parents willing to be the financial guarantor would help too.
Best wishes.
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Worried About COE application /Spouse 2024/4/25 14:26
As what AK mentioned, get your FIL/MIL as your guarantor and Bob's your uncle.
by @.. (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread