Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 1 of 6: Posts 1 - 20 of 114

1 2 3 4 5 6
next

Japanese rock bands? 2005/10/5 13:15
Can anyone tell me who are some good Japanese hard/metal rock bands? Not like death metal though. And where are good places in Tokyo to see such bands?
by rockgurl  

the best 2005/10/18 15:04
NUMBER GIRL is the best musician.
by miura rate this post as useful

jrock 2005/10/18 17:34
Dir En Grey
Orange Range (punkrock)
L'arc en ciel

I like Dir En Grey the most. It's great metal.
by Karasu rate this post as useful

here are some good rock bands of Japan 2005/10/20 13:11

If you listen to J-Rock musics, you'll find out that it's completely different from other rock bands.
here are dome of them.

Gazette
Nightmare
TRAX
Gackt
MiYaVi
Alice Nine
Malice Mizer
D
Janne Da Arc
Due 'le quartz
Kra
Kaggra
X-Japan
Raphael
Antic Cafe
Vidoll
Baroque
.. there are lots more..
by Reila rate this post as useful

More.. 2005/10/21 04:05
Here's some more:

SID (Shido)
Merry
Sex Machineguns
The Dead Popstars
Phantasmagoria
Rentrer en Soi
DAIGO STARDUST
Clavier
the Pumpkin Head
CRAZE
ANTHEM
Scar.
FAIRY FORE
GARI
KING

I just yanked these off the cover of last month's FOOL'S MATE..XD

If you really want to get to know some bands, pick up a FOOL'S MATE, Cure, SHOXX or UV (Ultra Veat). I'm sure you'll find something you'll like in those mags. ^__^

(By the way, it's Dir en grey. NO capitals on any of the other letters; that's one of the biggest pet peeves of fans such as myself.)
by Tori rate this post as useful

my two cents... 2005/11/2 23:13
Hi there! ^_^

I agree with lots of the recommendations already said: Dir en grey (I'm not sure that their music is really "metal"... mehh, I find those classifications so hard! their stuff is really diverse), Gazette, D, Due'le Quartz, Rentrer en Soi, Vidoll, Kra, Merry and Baroque... all good stuff. ^_^

Gackt... well, I'd describe his stuff as being more like pop or soft rock. It's pretty good but possibly not heavy enough for what you're looking for.

Miyavi is a great guitarist. *thumbs up*

Malice Mizer are a kind of hybrid goth/rock/classical... they produce some interesting stuff in a great variety, some heavyish (e.g. Beast of blood) and some almost classicalish (e.g. the Bara no seidou album).

If you like goth, you might like to try Eve of Destiny. Kozi, their guitarist (it's a 2-member band) makes solo works also, and his Katarushisu/Catharsis album is good. ^_^

Kagrra are very good indeed, I really like them. They're not metal, but they have awesome bass and... well, all the parts are awesome really!

SID are a softer rock/jazz hybrid, too, but they are DEFINITELY worth a listen - Mao has a fantastic voice.

In addition, can I recommend some other good bands:

D'espairsRay!!! They are fantastic. If you like hard rock/metal, you MUST listen to these guys! That's an order! All their stuff is good, but good songs to start off with are Forbidden, Garnet and [S]yste[M]. ^__^

The Zolge - I've heard them described as "punk" but I hear them as rock... the album Deadly Sanctuary is excellent. They are disbanded now - they were the band of the former singer of Eve of Destiny.

MUCC - I love their music.
Kagerou.
Deathgaze.
Balzac.
GISM.
(Those last 3 are a bit more of punk.)

Happy searching and listening! ^_^
by Kinsao rate this post as useful

KAGEROU! 2005/11/3 00:29
I agree with all of you ^-^

I really love MUCC, Kagerou, D'espairs Ray and Dir en grey! But also Merry and the others are great!!!!! Please listen to them! ^-^
by Momo rate this post as useful

/when are you going? 2005/11/6 10:13
I'm in a rock band from Toronto that is doing a tour of Japan from Nov 13 to 28. When are you going? Our shows are all around Tokyo.
by Bill rate this post as useful

I wonder if you like them,but 2005/11/6 18:43
THEY ARE GREAT.
THAT'S ALL.

SAMBO MASTER
YURAYURA TEIKOKU
ZAZEN BOYS
ASIAN KUNG-FU GENERATION
BOREDOMS
by kikko rate this post as useful

... 2005/11/24 13:30
For the Alternative fan:

Asian Kung-Fu Generation
Ellegarden
Acidman
Bump of Chicken
Straightener
The Back Horn
No Regret Life
Flow
The Pillows

For the Indie fan:
Art-School
Mo'some Tonebender
Analog Fish
Fujifabric
Yogurt Pooh
The Band Apart
Husking Bee
Pick2Hand
Zazen Boys
Sambomaster

...there's tons more
by Kora rate this post as useful

Nihongo de ROCK 2005/11/25 10:07
Hello. Even though I do not listen to rock music often, I do listen to it when I seek a "change of pace". (I am a slow music fan.) For one, I think Linkin Park's Hybrid Theory is one helluva'n album.

Now, I was wondering if there exists rock music sung in Japanese (by Japanese groups, primarily). Anyone here with a recommendation? Please include any and all styles.
by Arian I. rate this post as useful

Oops. 2005/11/27 05:44
Oh well, ignore the post. My question was already answered and I did not know.
by Arian I. rate this post as useful

Sugoi! 2005/11/27 19:30
Well, I can recommend some japanes bands to you, wich I also like!

- Malice Mizer (such a great band!)

- Dir en Grey (I visit their concert here in Germany - great!)

- Kagerou

- X Japan

- Kaggra

- L'arc en Ciel

- Janne Da Arc

- Moi dix Mois

- Orange Range

- Kra

- Deadman

by Franziska rate this post as useful

Old guy opinion 2005/11/28 06:42
Back in the day....yes that even sounds old to me!!!
I was a big fan of
Loudness....When I was in Tokyo 2 months ago I saw a young guy with a Loudness t shirt and a mullet....ah re live my youth!! Sometimes its fun to go retro...but Let me tell you..as far as "True" metal guitars Akira kicked serious ass!!! Great tone and crunch....And the drummer...big sound...Give it a listen sometime...a true METAL fan would not be disappointed...Rock On...
by Kevlar rate this post as useful

yerp! 2005/12/1 07:58
why has no one mentioned melt-banana?!
i thought this one was obvious...
by tomomi rate this post as useful

question... 2005/12/22 13:07
are there any other bands like Malice Mizer? i know they are quite... unique, and i've been looking for bands that have some influences of them... classic, symphonic rock? anyone know? my searches come up short.
by MM fan rate this post as useful

jrock 2005/12/22 17:32
Looks like everybody has written on good jrock bands ^^ I just wanna add one more...

UVERworld ^__^ I love them to bits!!
by MizerRiyo rate this post as useful

cant wait!!! 2005/12/26 12:26
Old guy again....
There was also a band called EZO
in a galaxy far away called the 80's...they had some interesting music. I'm actually moving to Japan in 10 days...I will be seeing first hand the talent in Tokyo Sushi bars.. little cars.. and Metal guitars!!!!!
by Kevlar rate this post as useful

japanese rock 2005/12/31 21:16
Where i can find it to download ?
by arnin@o2.pl rate this post as useful

metal 2006/1/1 05:01
Concerto Moon
by Phantom rate this post as useful

Page 1 of 6: Posts 1 - 20 of 114

1 2 3 4 5 6
next

reply to this thread