Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

osteopathy in japan 2005/11/19 19:04
Is osteopathy common in Japan?

I may be going to Japan for an extended period of time. Normally I see an osteopath about once every 2 months.

Are there many osteopaths in Japan?
If anyone could provide a link to a website that would be great. In English is prefereable but in Japanese is ok as well.

Thanks.
by Dan  

bump! 2005/11/30 10:26
bump! anyone?
by Dan rate this post as useful

Medical directories 2005/11/30 12:57
Here's a page with links to several good Tokyo medical directories in English and other languages-

http://www.tokyorent.com/mikan/links.shtml#Medical_and_Dental
by tokyodoc rate this post as useful

... 2005/11/30 13:13
Are osteopath and chiropractors about the same? I go to a chiropractor once every two months or so.... so do some of my colleagues... a friend of mine goes to an osteopath once in a while too. Those two categories included, yes I'd say there are many, and for those "bone doctors" I would recommend first-hand referral ... so when you are here in Japan, ask a colleague or someone for places they've been too. :)
by AK rate this post as useful

Thanks! 2005/11/30 13:17
Thanks for the replies!

You have both been really helpful and put my mind at ease!
by Dan rate this post as useful

Osteopath in Japan 2006/6/16 15:28
Hello all!

I am an Osteopath currently in Singapore and would dearly love to work in Japan. I'm replying to the gentlemans question of where to find one as if given half a chance I would be happy to help. If anyone reads this and can help please respond

Thanks!

by Martin rate this post as useful

Osteopathy schools?? 2006/11/2 11:53
Does anyone know of any osteopathy schools in Japan? Preferably Tokyo!
by Nathan Lee rate this post as useful

Re: Ostepathy & Chiropractic in Japan 2007/3/9 01:03
Many of the Medical and Chiropractic colleges in Japan do in fact offer classes in Osteopathic medicine known as Seikotsu and Seitai respectively.
Seikotsu has been popular in Japan for many hundreds of years and training is similar whether you are going to a Medical college such as Jikei or Chiropractic such as Chukyo.

I hope this is of value to you.

Iigata Sandayu
by Dr. Sandayu IIagata rate this post as useful

osteopathy in hiroshima/tokyo 2007/5/2 23:20
hey, can anybody recommend an osteopath (or know if there are any??) either in hiroshima or tokyo? would need one for a knee problem that i have been taking care of with the help of an osteopath back home and would love to find one hee, too
by jima rate this post as useful

Osteopathy 2007/8/2 16:03
I am an osteopath working in Japan as an english teacher. Does anyone know of any osteopaths in japan, especially in the Kanazawa, Ishikawa area, especially any practitioners who use cranial osteopathy?? Thankyou thankyou!!
by Kate rate this post as useful

Cranial osteopathy in Tokyo 2007/8/2 19:52
Hi Kate,

I have my own craniosacral therapy and osteopathy practice in Shibuya, Tokyo (visit www.craniosacral-therapy.net).

Let me know how I can help you. I am off to the US August 6 until September 25. Cheers, Lionel
by Lionel rate this post as useful

Osteopathy 2007/8/4 00:26
Thanks again Lionel for your reply. If I am ever in Tokyo I will contact you! It is exciting to finally have some contact with other osteos.

However, I am still really looking for someone closer to home in the Kanazawa region....can anyone help me?
Thanks again!
by kate rate this post as useful

chiropractor 2007/9/3 16:55
I'm searching for a chiropractor in Tokyo speaks preferably English but Japanese is OK too. Please provide a link to a website.
Thank you.
Jens
by Jens rate this post as useful

I am ! 2008/2/27 11:37
I work as an osteopath in Yokohama, mostly using craniosacral and exaggeration technique (extremely soft) for 6000, I speak English and French.
accupuncture is also available.
by Miho Kadowaki rate this post as useful

Osteopathy in Yokohama 2008/2/27 11:39
by Miho Kadowaki rate this post as useful

osteopath for a child in Osaka 2008/9/22 16:56
Hello! I'm looking for a osteopath in Osaka for my 1.8 y.o. child. Is there such a possibility? Thanks in advance
by Elena K. rate this post as useful

Practicing Osteopathy in Japan 2008/12/3 13:19
Does anyone know what qualifications you need to practice osteopathy in Japan? I am an osteopath trained and currently practice in Australia. Looking to spend some time in Japan.
by Welby rate this post as useful

osteopathy in japan 2009/2/9 02:15
Welby - just wondering if you ever found out what qualifications you need to have to practice in Japan - i'm about to qualify as an osteopath in the UK and thinking about working in Japan
by ldillon rate this post as useful

Best U.S. Trained Chiropractor in Tokyo 2009/9/28 09:21
Dr. 'Fred' Fukuo Koike is the best chiropractor in Tokyo. I would highly recommend you check out his website and give him a call. He was trained in the U.S. and will be quite helpful.

http://www.koikechiro.netfirms.com/index.html

Give him a call.
by Dr.Albright (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread