Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 1 of 2: Posts 1 - 20 of 32

1 2
next

Manga's for Girls? 2005/12/16 14:15
I was wondering if any of you ladys (or guys if you know) could give some info on good Manga's for girls?

My Girlfriend is Japanese and I remeber her saying..hmm..something about a Manga with the lead character who's name was "Apple" I belive..she was a teacher and it was basicly a romance novel about this one girl in a kind of love triangle..but I could be wrong..I still can't remeber the name of that manga..but all her friends read it I guess so I would assume it's populer in Japan.

Anyways if any of you ladys would mind, could you tell me some of your favorite Mangas? Anything will do :-)

The only one I have found was "Kiss me, Kiss me" that seemed like it might be a nice one for her. But I'll take any suggestions on Manga's for a teenage girl ^_^

Thank you for your time.

Dave
by Dave  

Just one idea 2005/12/17 13:08
I like "Love Hina" myself wich is kind of a comedy but it does have a lot of perverted jokes so I guess that is not what you are looking for..but my sister reads a few I'll ask her.
by Jimmy rate this post as useful

Nodame Cantabile 2005/12/17 13:23
Nodame Cantabile by Ninomiya Tomoko is really funny and enjoyable. Recommendable for both those much interested in classical music AND those not so much.
(It's available in English as well)
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0345481720/qid=1134793168/sr=8-1/ref=pd_bbs_1/104-1530592-8827165?n=507846&s=books&v=glance
by . rate this post as useful

Thanks ^_^ 2005/12/17 13:38
Thank you very much about "Nodame Cantabile" ^_^ I just read the description that would be a really good one I think ^_^ My Girlfriend played the piano for 4 years so I think this kind of story would apeal to her ^_^ Any more suggestions would be great ^_^

P.S. I own some "Love Hina" and I don't think that is for her..
by Dave rate this post as useful

manga for girls 2005/12/17 14:43
'Nana' is good and i heard
it has the movie by mika
nakashima and aoi.
by baby rate this post as useful

Thats it!! ^_^ 2005/12/17 14:57
"Nana"..hmm..thats it ^_^ That's the one she says she likes a lot ^_^ I don't know why I said "Apple" (must be a diffrent one she mentioned once..) but Nana is it I just checked ^_^ Thank you that was driving me Crazy trying to remeber that haha ^_^

I was kind of debating to buy her that one since it would be in English not Japanese..wich she likes because she can practice by reading something she enjoys in a diffrent language. I still might get her other ones that are diffrent but at least I know its a winner ^_^

Oh there making a moive about it? Probably only in Japan for the moment I assume..but still something to keep in mind, and something I can talk with her about.

Thanks again for telling me it was "Nana" ^_^

Thank you every one, keep those ideas comeing ^_^

Sincerly,
Dave

the movie by mika
nakashima and aoi.

by baby

another manga 2005/12/17 16:08
honey and clover
ƒnƒ`ƒ~ƒcƒgƒNƒ[ƒo[

is very funny, plus its popular in japan because a movie comming out.

most girls like this manga.
by namae rate this post as useful

Thank you very much ^_^ 2005/12/18 13:58
Thank you very much ladys for all your help ^_^ I'm not into manga's very much and the ones I do have are definitly for guys. So when it came to girl Manga's I didn't have a clue.

Well I went to the book store, looked over all the ones you had mentioned and I couldn't decide so..I just bought them all ha ha ha ^_^

"Nana" definitly looks like something she would be interested in. Same goes for "Nodame Cantabile". I did pick up "Honey and Clover" but that one is kind of iffy. There was another one there I saw a girl looking at called "Kiss me, Kiss me" wich I guess is about a girl who pretends to be a guy so she can get close to one that she likes in a opposite school. Her cousin (male) switchs with her so she can attend the school with this hot guy but he has to pretend to be a girl at her school. It seemed funny so I picked that one up too.

My girlfriend likes reading in English so I am sure she will be entertained by them.

Thank you once again,

Sincerly,
Dave.

Nana movie? 2005/12/28 19:45
Some of you ladys mentioned "Nana" wich I did give to my girlfriend and she enjoyed very much. But can you tell me more about the movie? Was it any good? I know the manga is extremly populer. But sometimes moives like that can flop.

If it's any good I can get the DVD from a Japanese web store, I want to buy it as a gift for out Anniversary ^_^

Thank you,
Dave

Shoujo/josei manga 2005/12/29 04:28
The NANA movie was pretty successful in Japan. For one, it started Nakashima Mika who is a famous Jpop star. Plus the movies lead songs were two of the years best selling singles.

As for the movie, it follows the movie pretty well. But I should warn you that the manga is still running in Japan and the manga only covers maybe 1/3 of the manga. So the movie comes off as a bit more light-hearted than the manga (it doesn`t get to the more dramatic parts). But I liked it. I thought the actors were well chosen and like I said it followed the manga well. A sequel is in the works.

Some other manga I like are:
Kimi wa Petto/Tramps Like Us
Hana Yori Dango/Boys Over Flowers
WJuliet
Basara
Kareshi Kanojo no Jijyo/ His and Her Circumstances
Imadoki/Nowadays
Zettai Kareshi!/Absolute Boyfriend!
Get You!
R-18
Paradise Kiss
MARS
Kare First Love
Love Monster

LOL I have more but I can`t think of them right now.
by Banna rate this post as useful

Thank you ^_^ 2005/12/29 18:36
Thank You for all the useful info you gave to me about the movie ^_^ It's kind of a bummer that the movie dosn't cover all of the Manga..But oh well ^_^ I know she will like it ^_^ She lives in a little town so she dosn't have a big movie theater nearbye so she didn't make it to the movie. So I think she will enjoy seeing the DVD a lot.

Oh and Thank You for all the diffrent manga's ^_^ I'm still looking for more to give to her on our Anniversary so thank you for the help ^_^

Dave

manga 2006/1/13 18:40
Azumanga Daioh, and Kareshi Kanojo no jijou (Kare Kano) are excellent girl's manga.
by Instant Music rate this post as useful

I got something for you 2006/3/14 13:08
Alwighty then,their are millions o girl managa out their! Have you heard of Shojo manga? Well if it's titled with that on the side that it defenantly means ' for girls '.Some that i LOVE are stuff by Yu Watase like Fushigi Yugi ,Absolute Boyfriend and alot more! Well,if she is a romantic i sujest you look for those. their are so many great manga's out their I cant even sount them. Search for them on on line shops like JustManga,you know.I;ve heard that Peach Girl is a good one too,I havent read it though.Well,i wish you the best of luck in looking for your girls manga! I am sure she appreciats it. (^^)
by chibibeff rate this post as useful

Sorry 2006/3/14 13:09
please excuse my HORRABLE typing!!!!
by chibibeff rate this post as useful

Azumanga 2006/3/15 19:04
I saw Azumanga tv serie, but there are a manga too.

Its really funny. It talks about the adventures of some scholar girls.

Really funny :)
by Jose rate this post as useful

Marmalade Boy 2006/3/16 10:14
It's sort of an oldie, but this is a really good manga and TV series: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marmalade_Boy
by Kappa rate this post as useful

Mangas 2006/6/25 08:17
If your girlfriend is intrested in a great shojo (girl) manga with adventure, action and romance why not buy her some Yu Watase, she is the best manga-ka ever. She's the one who wrote the popular Fushigi Yughi: The Mysterious Play.
by Kagome rate this post as useful

Manga's 2006/6/26 00:37
I read the following manga's & I think U & UR GF will like it:

- Hana-Kimi
- Girl got game
- Imadoki
- Your & my secret
- wallflower
by Shin rate this post as useful

Red River 2006/7/4 14:32
Red River by Chie Shinohara is a very good manga. It's a shojo, which, by your description, sounds like what your girlfriend's into. I highly recommend it! ^.^
by Aiden rate this post as useful

manga 2006/11/24 13:31
flower of a deep sleep, d.n.angel, or look in one of tokyopops manga books
by hama rate this post as useful

Page 1 of 2: Posts 1 - 20 of 32

1 2
next

reply to this thread