Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 1 of 2: Posts 1 - 20 of 29

1 2
next

What does naruto mean in Japanese 2006/4/25 08:15
I've been watching the show,naruto,on T.V.and was wondering what naruto means in Japanese.
by Stephen  

re: 2006/4/26 00:38
It's very likely that Naruto means an adult in the Japanese reading of Kanji characters "Seijin".
by dot rate this post as useful

noodles 2006/4/26 03:30
Hi, my g/f is japanese, and she tells me naruto are little bits of food that float about in noodles; ramen, etc... maybe shes just trying to wind me up. I dunno.

also kakeshi means scarecrow and sakura means cherry blossom.
by Kurisu rate this post as useful

. 2006/4/26 04:52
So, if it means a food, it is a food product of fish past called NARUTO-MAKI, NARUTO in short, which is used for the Japanese food as a starter or to accompany for the Japanese noodles.
by TOSHI rate this post as useful

Naruto 2006/4/26 05:36
Naruto is the name of bridge in Japan.

It is the name for steamed fish-paste cake, that is sliced and is used to decorate soup

also the name for the @ symbol.

I think their might be another meaning, but I don't have my dictionary with me.
by Sumike (済家) rate this post as useful

Naruto technically means... 2006/4/26 05:54
Naruto-Uzumaki precisely is the symbol of whirlpool just as the headband. Naruto, the fishcake, came from its white on red pattern that resembles naruto-uzumaki.

The origin of the word Naruto seems to be "naru seto", the roaring strait, which is also the name of place famous for frequent whirlpools near Osaka. The word Uzumaki made of "uzu"(swirl) and maki(roll).

It happened to be the one of ancient symbols from the Stone Age as well.It has been used frequently on pottery, clothing and drawings, and the historians think it was to ward off the evil spirits.

As for Anime, I think both food and uzumaki(whirlpool) are implied, but only the author knows of which he was inspired first.

by Dogu rate this post as useful

... 2006/4/27 00:28
According to my knowledge, Naruto is the name of a city and sea strait in Tokushima Prefecture. The city is famous for the tidal whirlpools to be observed in the strait.

The Naruto fishcake is named after the Naruto whirlpools because the fishcake has a design that resembles a whirlpool:
http://www8.plala.or.jp/y-naka/CUT_156.GIF

However, I have no idea whether the Naruto as in the city, strait, whirl pool and fish cake are in any way related to the TV show.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Naruto Meanings 2006/12/17 04:57
I am afraid that Naruto is amoung the few of the names I don't know.

Kakashi-scarecrow
Sakura-Cherry Blossom
Shika(in "Shikamaru)-deer
Cho(in Cho(u)ji)-Butterfly
Ino-boar
Neji-screw
Kiba- Fang
Hinata- Sunshine
Hanabi- Fireworks
Itachi- Ferret
Tenten-heavenheaven
Gaara- Raccoon(?)
Kabuto-beetle
...ummm....that's all for now, I have an idea on some of the others, but I don't really know...
by Sakana Midori rate this post as useful

Garra 2007/1/10 02:12
Garra meaning racoon makes sense as he is possesed by a racoon demon all the names relate to something
by Misc rate this post as useful

Gaara 2007/1/11 15:11
Gaara(我愛羅)
http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E6%88%91%E6%84%9B%E7%BE%85

But, Gaara(我愛羅) is not Raccoon in Japanese.
I searched in internet and some site says it origin is 『我を愛する修羅になれ』,it means
'become Asura which loves himself'.
Asura is a buddist word that means 'God of war'.
So, I think Gaara means 'love myself and fight myself'.
by Japanese001 rate this post as useful

Gaara 2007/2/4 03:56
yes, I can agree with that, it makes a lot more sense than mine. I got mine from my friend's cousin, and she has been wrong before. Besides, they make reference to that in the show.
by sakana Midori rate this post as useful

Gaara 2007/2/4 17:05
Gaara's name was explained in the manga/anime as "a devil who loves only himself" or something along those lines.
by Kristian rate this post as useful

GAARA 2007/2/7 10:53
Yep, that was it!
by Sakana Midori rate this post as useful

Sakura 2007/4/7 06:22
Sakura: Wealthy, Prosperous

P.S. I found this out here:
http://www.babychatter.com/japanesegirlsnames.html
by Rainstar rate this post as useful

^_^ 2007/9/12 18:42
Stolen from Wikipedia:

For the character's name, he chose "Naruto", in reference to a ramen topping called kamaboko, which is a sliced stick with a pink whirlpool-like design in the middle. The reason why he chose this name was because Ramen was the character's favorite food in the series. The character's surname "Uzumaki" is a pun on "spiral" (渦巻), while "Uzumaki" refers to a three-dimensional spiral, like a whirlpool or vortex. A more accurate translation for spiral would be "Rasen". The series is seen to make frequent references to spirals,
by Kelly rate this post as useful

what does naruto mean in japanese 2007/9/13 08:35
what does naruto mean in japanese
by devon rate this post as useful

... 2007/9/13 11:28
its posted above.

again, Naruto can mean maelstrom, or "@"

but the name of the character comes from a type of kamaboko (fish cake) that Naruto likes to eat on his ramen.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

i think i know the answer 2007/9/29 20:37
i ve been watching the japaness version , actually i watched today, episode 29-30, Rock-lee seems to be talking about the success of his team, and will he says so , he say a word in Japaneses that songs like Naruto
, the only word that corresponds to that is stronger.
by mikhail rate this post as useful

name from なると巻蒲鉾 2007/10/1 05:34
Naruto's name from a Naruto Maki Kamoboko.
see these pics, you can see the narutomaki in the ramen noodle soup.
BTY, Naruto's favorite food is a Ramene. (一楽ラーメン)
Uzumaki=a whirling
NarutoMaki Kamaboko is a whirling pattern inside.

http://itoshi.tv/d/images/20050407_1.jpg

http://chiba.cool.ne.jp/226kawasaki/0603.jpg
by 一楽 rate this post as useful

sakura 2007/10/11 07:50
sakura doesnt mean wealthy, it means cherry blossum
by ichigo rate this post as useful

Page 1 of 2: Posts 1 - 20 of 29

1 2
next

reply to this thread