Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 1 of 3: Posts 1 - 20 of 52

1 2 3
next

Nintendo DS kanji "game" 2006/6/28 03:00
I noticed that Nintendo had released a kanji training "game" for the DS in Japan, I think it is called "kampeki kanji ryoku" and I was wondering if anybody here has seen it and how well it would work to train kanji for a non-Japanese? I guess it is made for Japanese kids, but it would make a great tool for the students of the Japanese language.
by Kappa  

I have it 2006/6/29 17:20
I have it.
It's not as accurate as you think and requires some real diciplin in the exact routines of
"which line goes where and in what order you should draw them"
For example: Drawing from right to left , when you should draw from left to right is a loss of points. It also makes mistakes. On some occasions you can draw a radom figure and get away with a pass on it.
by Azumi rate this post as useful

Thanks 2006/7/16 20:58
I'll pick it up next time I'm in Japan. The order and stroke direction is important while learning Japanese but I'm left-handed and I usually mess up with the directions as it is much easier to draw them in inverse. :-)
by Kappa rate this post as useful

language 2006/7/17 05:35
even so not accurate its still a good start to innovative gaming NINTENDO's trademark

i wish they'd release an english learning game and a Spanish one too that'll be great and also importing the kanji game to usa i would definitely buy it...
by Hispania rate this post as useful

Engish learning 2006/7/17 16:20
i wish they'd release an english learning game
Nintendo have released an English learning game for Japanese people which works really well once you have cleaned up your handwriting so the program understands right away what you wrote.

Kanji sonna mama rakubikijiten 2006/9/8 01:55
In the end I bought "Kanji sonna mama rakubikijiten" and that is a great tool for learning kanji for the Nintendo DS, IMHO. It is a dictionary where you can write words in kanji or kana on the touch screen and it give you the meaning in English with the different kana readings and kanji compounds. It's pretty critical about stroke order though, but I guess that that is a good thing. ^_^;;

The other Nintendo DS kanji game "kampeki kanji ryoku" is not very suited for a beginner; it is a kanji quiz for JLPT 2 or 1 people or better.

Kanji sono mama rakubikijiten 2006/9/8 02:25
oops, it is called " Kanji sono mama rakubikijiten" :-)

I thought... 2006/9/8 06:06
I thought it was "Rakuhiki Jiten Kanji Sono Mama"
by TheRage800 rate this post as useful

No... 2006/9/8 14:26
Are you serious? :( I wish that came out before I left Japan... Yeah I noticed that that game series had English, Spanish, Korean, French, and something else for Japanese speakers to learn(btw, the language choices may differ)But no English=Japanese. Does anyone know if they plan on creating that? Or at least versions of the game for English speakers?
I notice the Japanese DS games are being made to be ''useful'' and not just games. Like that IQ tester or kitchen helper(it shows step by step in recipes). The US needs something like that. |D
by Niko-chan rate this post as useful

... 2006/9/8 17:09
Like that IQ tester or kitchen helper(it shows step by step in recipes). The US needs something like that.

Several of the brain training games have also been released in English and other languages.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Other game 2006/10/1 13:01
What about this game: Zaidanhoujin Nippon Kanji Nouryoku Kentei Kounin: KanKen DS
Is it just a newer version of Kanji Sonomama Rakubiki Jiten? Is it harder better? Please let me know.
by jabba rate this post as useful

English version of these "games" 2006/11/3 20:28
Several of the brain training games have also been released in English and other languages.

Can you please give me a website where I can order them from?
by Haruka rate this post as useful

2questions 2006/11/3 21:10
Before I go out on an impulse buy for the DS games, I have two questions.

1) Are these learning games all they are cracked up to be? I've been searching through various DS websites and they're sales are more than 5 times that of the PSP. I've seen the cooking promo, the brain games, the conversation game, the you can learn kanji games(but they are in japanese!)
So... for someone who is a native english speaker... are they good?

2)Where the hay can I find them in English? All the promos are in Japanese. I see that someone said they are sold in English... can you please point out where? Meaning a website.

All info is greatly appreciated!

gosh, times like these i wish we lived in the matrix
by Before I go impulse buy rate this post as useful

Re: Other game 2006/11/4 09:33
What about this game: Zaidanhoujin Nippon Kanji Nouryoku Kentei Kounin: KanKen DS

The title roughly means "Kanji Examination DS: authorized by Kanji Ability Examination Association"

Is it just a newer version of Kanji Sonomama Rakubiki Jiten? Is it harder better? Please let me know.

They are totally different. KanKen DS is a kanji workbook while Rakubiki Jiten is a set of dictionaries.
by meringue4 rate this post as useful

Where to buy 2006/11/4 18:02
play-asia.com ship all japanese DS games all over the world, only 3 pounds postage on average for the UK :)
by L rate this post as useful

Re: where to buy 2006/11/5 14:34
nice site. but it's not in english?

.. 2006/11/5 17:48
Are you insane?
Play-Asia is in English....

http://www.play-asia.com/
by .. rate this post as useful

. 2006/11/5 17:49
LOL, gotta phrase your comments better.

The games are in Japanese, the website is indeed in english.
by .. rate this post as useful

Rephrasing 2006/11/5 23:17
The GAMES are not in ENGLISH.

geesh.

WHERE ARE THEY IN ENGLISH?

NOT NIHONGO.

GRACIAS. :)

Dictionary vs Workbook 2006/12/4 20:11
I've been studying Japanese for 4 years or so, slowly, and have been curious about all the games mentioned in this thread. My question is which is the most helpful to the people that are using them? Are you able to look up kanji by radical using kanji sono mama? I want all 3 games but thats way too expensive for me, so I'll get one for now. But which is best, kanji sono mama, kan ken or the quiz based one? Does anyone have a preference, or one they use more often? How is the workbook based one set up? Any further info would be amazing~
by Adora rate this post as useful

Page 1 of 3: Posts 1 - 20 of 52

1 2 3
next

reply to this thread